snowmobilers missing castle mountain

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounties have launched a coordinated land an air search on both sides of the continental divide for four Calgary-area snowmobilers reported missing near Castle Mountain, RCMP said Monday morning.

The men are between 27 and 32 years of age and were known to be sledding in the backcountry area, which is approximately 50 km southwest of Pincher Creek , on Sunday, said RCMP Const. Doug Sokoloski.

"All four are experienced sledders and were well equipped with emergency transceivers and food rations for a couple of days," he said.

"Pincher Creek RCMP and Pincher Creek Search and Rescue are coordinating a ground search from the east side of the continental divide while Fernie RCMP will conduct an air search with a helicopter in the Sage Creek and Middle Kootenay Mountains in British Columbia.

"The search area received heavy snowfall over the last week and weather conditions in the last 24 hours also reported heavy snow with limited visibility and gusty winds. "

Vehicles belonging to the four men were located in a parking lot near Castle Mountain.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is sad news!!!!...seriously are ppl ever going to learn/listen!....not worth the risk as said a million times....sure do hope thier all right, and make it home to their families safe and sound!!

KingCatz

Reaction score
Scary. I wanted to go there Sat, but ended up going to Atlas instead. Hope they find them soon.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody know who these guys were?? lots of calgary S&M members go down there...

all the info i have seen/heard was from this post. we went over the divide into fording on sunday, a huge storm blew in, it totally covered our tracks with about 6inches of fresh in a matter of 1-2hrs. if we weren't familiar with the area, it would have been a bit sketchy getting out. some times you can't expect everything that is gonna happen that day, especially when the weatehr turns like it did. you just need to be prepared for the worst.

hopefully these guys make it back out ok.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is sad news!!!!...seriously are ppl ever going to learn/listen!....not worth the risk as said a million times....sure do hope thier all right, and make it home to their families safe and sound!!

sorry but you need to find out more info before you jump on the band wagon, what do we have to learn/listen to, and what risk are you talking about?
good to know they made it out ok.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but you need to find out more info before you jump on the band wagon, what do we have to learn/listen to, and what risk are you talking about?
good to know they made it out ok.

I prob shouldn't have piped up so quick, I was just thinking out of bounds (avy country)! don't want to hear about more casualties out there is all!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw the news,looks like some sleds going for sale.got play safe out there, its real deal out back!:rolleyes:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bozzo's in the comment section, some people should be prohibited from pro-creating...apparently sledding is a "fat mans" sport...wonder why I hurt for two days after every ride...the world is full of a$$holes.

Bogger

Top Bottom