Snowmobiler Death today in Kakwa

FLEMINA

Reaction score
My prayers go out to the families and friends of those affected by this terrible tragedy... Even though I may not know the people involved, still hits close to home as I was in a snowmobile crash 7 yrs ago, and am still suffering sciatic nerve damage from enjoying the sport I love. Thoughts and prayers to all involved...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First i heard of this tragedy...and yours, unless you where the one who fell in the crevasse?

FLEMINA

Reaction score
Grande Prairie man killed in snowmobile incident

Chandra Lye, CTV Edmonton
Published Saturday, Dec. 22, 2012 5:32PM MST
Share this story:

Grande Prairie RCMP have been investigating after a 45-year-old man was killed in a snowmobile incident near the B.C border.
Officers responded to calls of a snowmobiler in distress southwest of Grande Prairie at the Kakwa Skidoo Staging area.
Police say reports indicate the man and another snowmobiler were out on a trail when the deceased lost control of his sled.
The other snowmobiler was able to take the man to a heated shelter and then went to find help.
However, when help returned the man was already dead.
RCMP will not be releasing the name of the deceased though they confirm he is from the Grande Prairie area.
The incident remains under investigation and alcohol was not believed to be a factor.

FLEMINA

Reaction score
My unfortunate accident happened closer to home, just north of Bon Accord. Trailing arm let go at full throttle, catapulting me, resulting in surgery 5 yrs later, and still left with sciatic nerve damage. Minor compared to the loss of some persons loved one.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thoughts and prayers for the family loosing a loved one this time a year is horible

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prayers go out to the family i was shocked when i heard the name. Just porves it can happen to the most experienced of us at any time. He knew the area all to well many many years of it and no alchohol involved. :(:(

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you and your family can find strength and comfort in knowing he did what he loved.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sad to hear about another loss, in our community :(

There was another man who lossed his life near GP, I forgot to ask my brother today who lives there. He was riding on his own land, and dropped into a river bed. His buddy was able to call air ambulance and got him out. But passed away later.....
Please.... for what it's worth, scout the area and know what you are riding in!!!

My condolence's to all, who have lost a loved one this or previous years.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks, he must have been a tough SOB to be out riding. spent the last 2 days there at my ma's and it was cold....-27 yesterday and -33 all day today.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very sad to hear thoughts and condolences to those involved

Top Bottom