Snowmobile Rentals/Accomodations in Fernie?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm looking into joining some friends for a New Years sled trip in Fernie this year. Just curious if anyone has some good suggestions on decent places to stay, that are reasonably priced and comfortable for a group (not sure how many yet), but I'm thinking something like cabins or a lodge where we can all hang out together and bring/cook our own food, etc. I've googled some places in Fernie that rent sleds, but I'm just curious about others' opinions on rental outfits in or nearby Fernie. Not looking for tours or anything but definitely looking for something that would rent some necessary gear/equipment as well. Anything else that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm looking into joining some friends for a New Years sled trip in Fernie this year. Just curious if anyone has some good suggestions on decent places to stay, that are reasonably priced and comfortable for a group (not sure how many yet), but I'm thinking something like cabins or a lodge where we can all hang out together and bring/cook our own food, etc. I've googled some places in Fernie that rent sleds, but I'm just curious about others' opinions on rental outfits in or nearby Fernie. Not looking for tours or anything but definitely looking for something that would rent some necessary gear/equipment as well. Anything else that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Lady Dirt! We actually just hooked up with The Gear Hub. They have a rental fleet and will be doing something special for us in Fernie. They carry The Bettie Adventures Movie as well!!! HUGE supporter.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Great area. The Hub in town rents machines and I think Mountian Memories in Blairmore and I think Ghost Riders rents as well in Fernie. Blackstone lodge

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ghostrider (250-423-9251) and GearHub (250-423-5555) have new/newer machines and will take same to the trail head for ya'. They will also set you up with trail information and are all around great guys.

The Blackstone Lodge on the edge of town will allow you to sled in and out. A self catered B&B that is very well set up.

Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet

4th night free code (from the sled show) is FCRSLED1 and 3rd Night 30% off (code is FCRSLED2)

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ghostrider (250-423-9251) and GearHub (250-423-5555) have new/newer machines and will take same to the trail head for ya'. They will also set you up with trail information and are all around great guys.

The Blackstone Lodge on the edge of town will allow you to sled in and out. A self catered B&B that is very well set up.

Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet

4th night free code (from the sled show) is FCRSLED1 and 3rd Night 30% off (code is FCRSLED2)

Ha I knew youd have the lowdown. Good thing Tex got an XP now you can show him there's mtn's down there.lol

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the sled rentals talk to John at gear hub. Hes a awesome guy, ad he will probably know where you can get the best accommodations too. Rented 2 sleds from him last winter, there was a minor mix up in the office ( another guy rented the rentals) so he gave me and my gf his personal sleds for the day so we could go for a ride, Also picked us up and dropped us off. The cat dealer in town not so much

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha I knew youd have the lowdown. Good thing Tex got an XP now you can show him there's mtn's down there.lol
There's no hills in fernie. It's just trail riding. I can that at home. Area 51 ( revy ), griffin, eagles pass ect the list goes on. Now there is riding. But u guys are right. Mabe i should get used to the buffalo with a few trail rides before I hit the big stuff

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i see you will be stayin home more, as we won't be calling you when we go to fernie or golden, we don't want ya to lower yerself. just keep the fawk going west, obviously ya have never riddin in fernie. and we no ya haven't ridin in golden. you are so full of shheeet i think you are starting to believe the crap ya spew shheeet tex. where do you get this crude. man i got to leave this or i'll kick ya in the junk.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There's no hills in fernie.......

Now who have you been talking to???? I can't believe I read that.

Here is a teaser.....the last machine going up with a group of 9 already at the top!

But there's no hills in Fernie......lol

100_2225.jpg

the red circle has some guys on their sleds down in the bottom......

100_2249.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well fernnie, i for one know what kind of jewel ya have down there, tex has no idea, i think he just sees things at night.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no hills in fernie. It's just trail riding. I can that at home. Area 51 ( revy ), griffin, eagles pass ect the list goes on. Now there is riding. But u guys are right. Mabe i should get used to the buffalo with a few trail rides before I hit the big stuff

Serious Tex there is big terrain down south Harvey Pass, Soda Walls ( 3 sisters), Meca, Cherry. Took a buddy into the Sodas couple years ago who always rides Revy, He called another buddy at the end of the day and described the pull into the sodas like Turbo x3. Same mtns just south a bit, LOL

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Now who have you been talking to???? I can't believe I read that.

Here is a teaser.....the last machine going up with a group of 9 already at the top!

But there's no hills in Fernie......lol

View attachment 112797

the red circle has some guys on their sleds down in the bottom......

View attachment 112800

Yeah there are hills in Fernie. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the first pic is at Island lake Lodge which we only get access to once a year (some years). The second I'm not as sure but that could be Polaris Bowl looking off Polar peak where the new lift is going at the hill? Maybe not good examples??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah there are hills in Fernie. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the first pic is at Island lake Lodge which we only get access to once a year (some years). The second I'm not as sure but that could be Polaris Bowl looking off Polar peak where the new lift is going at the hill? Maybe not good examples??

You are correct. Just a few pictures that I have that are open and steep. Polar was accessed from the back side. I'm not a chute climber nor a high-marker so I don't have a repertoire of those types of pictures but to say, "Fernie has no hills" needs a little bit of rebuttal.

I have noticed that tex78 has been MIA since making that misleading statement.......

IMG_0089.jpg

and i'm sure there are enough "hills" at the Notch to challenge most riders.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking a swift kick to the junk is in order, he'll have to beg to ride with the red deer boys this winter. after such a lame statement. :D

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the helpful advice! Does anyone know what kind of machines GearHub rents? I can't find any rental info on their website, unless i'm blind. And Momma, please elaborate on the "doing something special for us in Fernie". Do we get perks there too as Betties?...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please no one let tex down, as he has to ride a buffalo this year, after all the bs, about how bad it rides handles vibrates, makes noises etc. he friggin buys one. riding in fernie may be another let down for him, so no one invite him. he likes the big hills better hmmm.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks all for the helpful advice! Does anyone know what kind of machines GearHub rents? I can't find any rental info on their website, unless i'm blind. And Momma, please elaborate on the "doing something special for us in Fernie". Do we get perks there too as Betties?...

Phone them and ask what machines they will have this year.....250-423-5555.
They had Doo's last year.

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Mostly just trail riding - it all gets tracked out fast - (as a guy I know likes to say) keep it moving nothing to see here..........................Harvey's Pass, Three sisters - just rumors.

Gear Hub - WOW!!!!!! By far the Most Helpful - easy to deal with - Knowledgable - Sled friendly people

Doug - Let the ignorance keep on driving ...... Revy is a good place for "The Masses"

Thanks to all the locals - You are a pleasure to ride & hang out with. :beer::beer:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mostly just trail riding - it all gets tracked out fast - (as a guy I know likes to say) keep it moving nothing to see here..........................Harvey's Pass, Three sisters - just rumors.

Gear Hub - WOW!!!!!! By far the Most Helpful - easy to deal with - Knowledgable - Sled friendly people

Doug - Let the ignorance keep on driving ...... Revy is a good place for "The Masses"

Thanks to all the locals - You are a pleasure to ride & hang out with. :beer::beer:

The Gear hub peeps are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X!000000000000000000.!!! I happened in their by chance and left so thankful. Lots of hugs, great peeps, super super helpful and supportive. They have a fleet of Doos again this year. I honestly can't say enough good about them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom