Snowmobile covers

Sweet_1

Reaction score
Do you travel with your covers on your sleds when trailering long distances? Just wondering about rubbing and scratching the hoods when in transit. Any thoughts?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do, the covers are made to fit much better and I haven't had a issue with my last 2 sleds. (one black,one green)

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always. Have you seen how dirty the covers get on the highway? Rather pressure wash those than tool around on a dirty sled! Nevermind the rocks, salt, sand all getting into the engine compartment, yuck! Nothing but bad would come of it. See more machines without covers on sled decks, probably because they above most road grime.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what brand of sled.... Skidoo tarps are JUNK and might last1 trip, at least that was the case for my rev and my xp. I bought a snow skinz cover and am happy. Lifetime warranty.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a cover from Costco and the thing is wicked. Only downside is the bajillion straps that I just randomly place wherever I can. But hey for $30 and a 3yr warranty...I'm stoked.

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always , keeps the mud and road grime off and the cover is easy to wash at the car wash after my trip , then park in the shop a remove it so it can dry , have not ripped or broken yet still look new

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alway cover mine even on the deck I can't imagine trying to get a diamond S hood clean. I have always used the original Yamaha covers they are expensive but worth every penny for the fit.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Factory covers that came with our Arctic Cats and Yamaha's are great, fit like a glove and no rubbing, some grime can get through if it's really wet and mucky. For those days I put an old blanket on the hood and windshield before the cover and it keeps it all off the sled.....

The covers I have with the doo's arnt factory and there crap....even the replaced one of them with one from crappy tire, the one with all the straps....it's still no where near the quality of a factory cover....

Summit69

Reaction score
I always put my cover on my xp, they only have problems if theyre loose and flapping around from what Ive seen and found in my experience. Ive ripped 2 but now I tighten them down and use 3-4 bungee straps around areas on the sled to stop the flapping.

I have several buddies that run a SnoSkinz cover and they love them. If I buy another cover, it will be a SnoSkinz.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALWAYS cover when trailering
my first time out west on May long we didnt cover on the hyway, but I learned a hard lesson going up the logging road to staging
we jim rigged a cheapo tarp the next am
it broke my heart to see my sled like this out riding...... (pics r from 2007)...I got over it tho, as i HATED that M8
little embarassed too!! hahaah!

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ski doo tarps are JUNK dont ever buy one!!!!!! mine Lasted 30 miles then ripped to shreads but i guess thats what you get when you pay $250... make it even worst the dealer said it was my fault wouldnt help me out at all... which it clearly wasnt the other sled with the same tarp was strapped the same way and it made it thru fine.. It was sad to see my brand new sled with 0 miles on it full of dirt cause of the faulty tarp.. the dealer claims theres no warranty on them does anyone know if thats a true statement?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always tarp mine! If you ever take a look at a sled that doesn't get tarped on the trailer, it looks so much older after a few years cause of the grime that's on it. And all that road salt is hard on the electrical connections.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALWAYS cover when trailering
my first time out west on May long we didnt cover on the hyway, but I learned a hard lesson going up the logging road to staging
we jim rigged a cheapo tarp the next am
it broke my heart to see my sled like this out riding...... (pics r from 2007)...I got over it tho, as i HATED that M8
little embarassed too!! hahaah!

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

You think that's bad!!? We're used to using an enclosed
To get our sleds where we wanna go. Last April (or late March) the road up to Hope creek in Golden was just a mess (typical gravel road in the spring) and we used our 2 place sled trailer without tarps and our two dragons were pure brown, mud everywhere. I should've took a picture. Was just a mess.

Sent from my white iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Sunday Dec. 18th I was driving home to Kamloops from Grande Prairie after the fresh snow that had fallen. Hit Hinton and the highways were a complete slushy mess to Jasper where the shade started. Passed a ch!t ton of rigs heading back to Alberta of all kinds. Couldn't believe how many sleds were uncovered. They were in for a real dirty treat. It doesn't matter if they're on decks or not. If u give a ch!t about your ride than cover it ! JMO

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ski doo tarps are JUNK dont ever buy one!!!!!! mine Lasted 30 miles then ripped to shreads but i guess thats what you get when you pay $250... make it even worst the dealer said it was my fault wouldnt help me out at all... which it clearly wasnt the other sled with the same tarp was strapped the same way and it made it thru fine.. It was sad to see my brand new sled with 0 miles on it full of dirt cause of the faulty tarp.. the dealer claims theres no warranty on them does anyone know if thats a true statement?

There is warranty but if the damage is small they usually want to try and repair it as opposed to giving you a new one. I dont agree but that is what the manufacturer wants.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALWAYS cover when traileringmy first time out west on May long we didnt cover on the hyway, but I learned a hard lesson going up the logging road to stagingwe jim rigged a cheapo tarp the next amit broke my heart to see my sled like this out riding...... (pics r from 2007)...I got over it tho, as i HATED that M8little embarassed too!! hahaah!
DSC01219.jpg
DSC01260.jpg
That's quite the dirty pussy...cat you got there.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always tarp! My BRP tarp has a felt liner and has worked great! No Scratches...I have washed mine a few times on gentle and hang dry...no issues! I see guys transporting with no tarp...get a quad if you dont like tarping! LOL!

Top Bottom