snowfall reports CNP and Corbin anyone?

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Hello all, wondering if anyone from the CNP or Corbin area can let us know how much snow accumulation gathers in the next 24hours or so, and what the current snow conditions are in these areas.. Weather network calling for the white stuff all day today.. We are heading up on Thursday and trying to decide Barnes/Elliot are or CNP atlas area.. Any info would help!! THANKS!!!

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road atlas today 1 inch fresh in parking lot. 3 inches at cabin. most fresh snow melted my afternoon. on the possitive warm sunny day . there still is a great base at higher elevations and the bowls are rideable. hero snow so becareful:cool:

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics from the Notch today.:beer:

Attachments

• The_Notch_Feb.18_10 006.jpg
    The_Notch_Feb.18_10 006.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 30
  • The_Notch_Feb.18_10 011.jpg
    The_Notch_Feb.18_10 011.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 35
  • The_Notch_Feb.18_10 016.jpg
    The_Notch_Feb.18_10 016.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 44
  • The_Notch_Feb.18_10 013.jpg
    The_Notch_Feb.18_10 013.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 31

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Good ride today and great snow if you venture back to the Notch, down to the lake or back in the SE hills. Lots of fresh to be found and plenty of deep stuff if you go look for it. Didn't check the rolling hills but found all sorts or good snow as stated. Thanks to Foothills M8 and the boys for showing me around and providing some excellent film footage. Bluebird day and awesome weather!

whiskeythrottle
Re: snowfall reports CNP and Corbin anyone?
Thanks for that info Gas Can.. I have never rode morrissey..Is that inbehind fernie?

Turn off is approx 17 clicks west of fernie (left before the tunnels) across the bridge turn right and follow that for a few clicks to the Morrisey staging area. Take the trail up (about a dozen or so clicks) to the cabin and it's a smooth sail right to the top. There's a couple places in Fernie to get maps of the entire area. I think the Husky has the maps?

Pics and video to follow!:cool:

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think just the 2 of us. Going to ride the notch area one day, harvey, and I think the last day we are going to the place I have no idea the name of, found it taggin with some nice locals (HELLO Linda, Cody!) See ya there maybe! Who is with you guys? I hear your brother is riding my old powder??

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day. Thanks Jim,johnny,gas can,nedesssic,carl,Hope we do it again,again again again. The trees`s are big and deep lololo

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
We rode Corbin, Barnes/ Elliot lake on Friday, snow was hard with a few inches of fresh stuff up top. Saturday ventured into north kootenay pass in carbondale, good snow up there, lots to play in.. I think the further south, the better the snow in the higher elevations, all in all though, pretty weak snow cover all around... Thanks for all the info everyone..

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been riding the pipeline (rough), headed up towards the Notch today but turned around due to a lack of fuel and really rough trail, today we played in the rolling hills and it was incredible. Will be going back to the rolling hills tomorrow the 22nd for another day. I am going to stay out of the creek for the next two days though. Spent 4 hours parked in it yesterday, spun a big rock up into the track and burnt a belt off. But we are really greatful to the 4 sledders from Calgary who helped up get the Cat out of the creek. To the 4 guys THANK YOU :beer: The trail from Morrisey is not to bad but the trail from Fernie (Coal Creeek Road) is like a highway. :d

Top Bottom