Snowcheck pricing

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a '14 XM-X 163 black/black. Riverside is $14,600+tax=$15,330 with a 4 year warranty or $250 off with a 3 year warranty. Martin is the same price but they're throwing in some aftermarket front shocks as a sales gimmick. I bought 3 sleds from Riverside so you'd think I might get a better deal there. I'm willing to travel to save some $$ if anyone knows of any deals.

Just go see Trent at Martins! Those shock are not a sales gimmick they are going to be f#cking awesome! Can't wait to get mine!

snowthing

Reaction score
I'm interested in a '14 XM-X 163 black/black. Riverside is $14,600+tax=$15,330 with a 4 year warranty or $250 off with a 3 year warranty. Martin is the same price but they're throwing in some aftermarket front shocks as a sales gimmick. I bought 3 sleds from Riverside so you'd think I might get a better deal there. I'm willing to travel to save some $$ if anyone knows of any deals.

Sorry i was replying to this

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It is a gimmick. They are forcing you to buy the shocks. 14600 is $1200 over msrp.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer does this gimmicky stuff too. The charge msrp plus $645 setup/del and $295 documentation fee but then give you a $500 store/service credit.

Why not just charge msrp plus a $445 setup/del?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just go see Trent at Martins! Those shock are not a sales gimmick they are going to be f#cking awesome! Can't wait to get mine!

Not sure why this double posted?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thought I would add that Trent is at Martins Southside location. Just look for the ruggedly handsome guy, Trent sits right beside him.......

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pines is $14,200 for a 163 black/red xm x pull start plus tax, Its $100 over MSRP for freight and set up

Ffun is $14,100 for same PLUS freight and set up but you get a $500 accessory card. to compensate for freight and set up.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Lol!!!! Sales gimmick? Same price but you get 1200$ shocks how is that a sales gimmick? If there price was 16400 then yes you would be right but those raptors are 1200$ color matched and installed
Yes, I know the deal. I talked to Trent a week ago. The KYBs that come on the X are already decent shocks though, that's why we buy the X; because it has better shocks. Aren't the KYBs listed in the parts catalog for $500(without springs)? And if they're going to be putting Raptors on every summit that's snow checked they must be getting a smoking deal on them. They're likely getting those shocks for not much more than what the stock ones cost. The stockers are fine for me, I don't plan to compete at Jackson and I haven't done too many 200ft. cliff drops lately. What do they plan on doing with the take-offs? Do I get to keep them? Now if it was a choice between $1200 off the price of the sled or $1200 shocks, I wouldn't be calling it a gimmick.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know the deal. I talked to Trent a week ago. The KYBs that come on the X are already decent shocks though, that's why we buy the X; because it has better shocks. Aren't the KYBs listed in the parts catalog for $500(without springs)? And if they're going to be putting Raptors on every summit that's snow checked they must be getting a smoking deal on them. They're likely getting those shocks for not much more than what the stock ones cost. The stockers are fine for me, I don't plan to compete at Jackson and I haven't done too many 200ft. cliff drops lately. What do they plan on doing with the take-offs? Do I get to keep them? Now if it was a choice between $1200 off the price of the sled or $1200 shocks, I wouldn't be calling it a gimmick.

I see what your getting at! I don't do 200' drops or jumps but I do ride 20km of whooped out trails and that will make those shocks my best friends!

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can snowcheck an SP and get the X shocks put on them from the takeoff X modles

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I see what your getting at! I don't do 200' drops or jumps but I do ride 20km of whooped out trails and that will make those shocks my best friends!
20km? That's it? We've raced 3 times that far back to the trucks at the end of the day in the spring when the trail looks like a shelled out war zone. Those shocks aren't going to make me go faster than full throttle. I've never had a problem with the stock X shocks and I don't even run a sway bar. Given the choice, I'd tell them to keep their shocks and I'll take a $1200 discount.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Honestly the stock Summit shocks are crap. Basically the worst shocks they can find. Raptors are the best shocks ever built. That's a huge difference.
Also, the only difference between the X and SP shocks is the rebuildable feature (and color).

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly the stock Summit shocks are crap. Basically the worst shocks they can find. Raptors are the best shocks ever built. That's a huge difference.
Also, the only difference between the X and SP shocks is the rebuildable feature (and color).
And shock body metal composition....

Top Bottom