snow

summit1000

Reaction score
Hoping to make a trip up this weekend to somewhere :) I was hoping to go to Valemount as it is the closest at 480 km's from St. Albert, and am also thinking about Revelstoke, but 715 km's is a long drive for a couple days of sledding, and am considering McBride. Snow looks really good in Revelstoke, Valemount is seeming very iffy, but from the pictures, McBride is looking good. So, maybe I'll head up to McBride this weekend. :) As long as I end up somewhere with lots of snow, I'll be happy! :D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for you.

If you want something better, stay at a B&B in town. I stayed at At Home B&B and it was well worth the price. Actual beds, great food, and a place to lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol well I usually stay at Leona's just not sure of her room availability right now :)

Mwasyliw

Reaction score
new to the forum. Was just curious if anyone had trail map of the area. specifically mcbride Lucille area. Headed up this week and we have a four place trailer and are curious how hard it will be to get up there with trailer until we can drop the sleds. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks guys

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody headed up to mcbride on nov 21-23 that wants to ride and split fuel from Edmonton? Pm me if interested.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new to the forum. Was just curious if anyone had trail map of the area. specifically mcbride Lucille area. Headed up this week and we have a four place trailer and are curious how hard it will be to get up there with trailer until we can drop the sleds. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks guys

You won't turn a 4 place anywhere up past the parking lot in Lucille. You can drive up with a 12' triton and hand bomb it to turn it around. There's a couple spots to turn a truck. Just be careful on the way down. It gets icy on the way down at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got down from Lucille. will not pull an enclosed past about 2.8 km. to slippery. not enough snow to go from parking lot but good at 5. there is a place at about 2 km on the left to put an enclosed. belle could be ridden from the parking lot at 5 but still a bit short of snow on the trail to about 7. renshaw has not been checked yet.

Mwasyliw

Reaction score
Any solutions to getting the sleds up there? Other than backing the trailer all the way do. Would rather not do that haha

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about breaking trail into renshaw Saturday. What's everyone's thought on that. Things to look out for

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mansion on main is open this weekend. Weekdays are mostly open so far till xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode all day yesterday bluebird and 4 feet of snow.conditions are good in lucille.parked at lucille alpine sign.very easy to get in there with truck and sled deck.broke trail all the way up.

supposed to be bluebird all day today again..

so in answer to all of your questions, its ready, and yes its good riding.

didnt hit any landmines either,and we were laying the sleds on there sides all day :)

will post pics later this evening after riding..

summit1000

Reaction score
I'm going to be coming up this weekend. Planning on riding Lucille on Saturday, Sunday, and a half day Monday. Me and two buddies will be going up and bringing our four place enclosed snowmobile trailer. Is there enough snow to ride from the parking lot yet? Would rather not have to pull it up the trail. Also, I know Renshaw is probably a little rough currently, but has anyone ridden Bell yet? And can you ride from the parking lot at Bell yet? If both Lucille and Bell were good, I'd probably do Lucille Saturday, Bell Sunday, and then whichever one was better for the half day on Monday.

Reaction score
still not able to ride from parking lot on either bell or Lucille not sure about renshaw had snow over the weekend and cleared up sunday Monday Tuesday no new snow hopefully soon could use a couple inches down in the staging areas

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about breaking trail into renshaw Saturday. What's everyone's thought on that. Things to look out for

I've broke trail a couple of times in November. The first 15 km can be bare until you start gaining decent altitude. At km 23 you reach the de-act road and all of them are usually flowing with some water but can easily cross. The last pull at the fork to black water is usually the biggest pain if you don't keep in a straight line for the rest of your group. Riding near show off hill has the least rocks.

Sent from my iPhone

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There must have been one huge dump of snow to bring things up to 4ft. deep!!!! Get those pics up!! I would not be taking a four place enclosed up Lucille or Belle trails ever! No place to turn around and narrow! Just ride on dirt for the first bit, it's early season, so you have to change out skags, no big deal.

Top Bottom