Snow Watch

Jonnyb

Reaction score
We rode Lucille today, drove up two km2 and icy. Rode up from there needs more snow but no overheating. Watch out for rocks on trail. Picked many but can't get em all. Cabin had 1.5 ft snow. Went back to lake via granny trail to many rocks over top. 1.5 ft back there good thru trees no rocks. Watch out for creeks. Shiftmx will post pics on that one. One bent trailing arm out of five sleds. All in all great day. Hope this helps.

St0rm77

Reaction score
anyone get out to Belle yet? be there in about 4 weeks, i'd like to see some pictures showing the snow progress before we get there..... kinda like desired teasing before the 'big show'!

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's coming along. I think I'll wait until the new year before heading out McBride way after destroying a front end last year in December at Renshaw though.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
It is starting to look pretty white up top, however not even a sciff on the ground at my place. This does not seem very fair, while Williams Lake received 46 cm in the last 24 hours and they are still receiving more. Once it starts I am sure it will be great. I am doing the snow dance so hopefully it comes shortly. Hope to see you all real soon. Thanks Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366
lkaas1@telus.net

Looms16

Reaction score
Going somewhere just after Christmas. Either mcbride or cooke city Montana. Anyone here know which is better and been to both? Thanks

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the best hills to go to in mcbride usually? Terrain wise!

Really depends on what you want. I ride Bell for short days or days I feel the Renshaw may be socked in. The Renshaw is massive and if you know where to go you will never be stumped for good ride. Long ride in on the other hand. Bell has less to offer but is short ride in. Lucile has lots to offer and a short ride in as well.

Poo16

Reaction score
Really depends on what you want. I ride Bell for short days or days I feel the Renshaw may be socked in. The Renshaw is massive and if you know where to go you will never be stumped for good ride. Long ride in on the other hand. Bell has less to offer but is short ride in. Lucile has lots to offer and a short ride in as well.
I've never been to any of those, I don't necesarily mind the long ride in as I've done it at Chappell in valemount without a groom that morning. That was hell, but can't get much worse I don't think. But I have heard Lucile is abit more for beginners, I don't know if it's true or not so correct me if I'm wrong haha

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drop over the butterfly and come back and tell us about your beginner ride lol! Lucille is a great area with a little of everything, I personally think belle is more for beginners but they are both great spots with short rides in.

Top Bottom