Snow Watch

Poo16

Reaction score
Drop over the butterfly and come back and tell us about your beginner ride lol! Lucille is a great area with a little of everything, I personally think belle is more for beginners but they are both great spots with short rides in.
Haha I'll take that it's a false statement! What is the butterfly though? A bowl?

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
butterfly then larva then goat ridge or something... someone can correct me if i am wrong .....

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's one of the Ridges/Bowls you drop into! Theres 3 drops in and out with a main chute that can get fairly rough or icey depending on the traffic. There is also 2 other bowls you can drop into past butterfly, which is Lava and Goats Ridge. These i would not recommend to anyone of average and below riding ability because they are steep drops/climbs in and out. Better to access in the spring.

Poo16

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good time! If the snow is good after Christmas ill definitely have to make a trip out

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's one of the Ridges/Bowls you drop into! Theres 3 drops in and out with a main chute that can get fairly rough or icey depending on the traffic. There is also 2 other bowls you can drop into past butterfly, which is Lava and Goats Ridge. These i would not recommend to anyone of average and below riding ability because they are steep drops/climbs in and out. Better to access in the spring.

Hey Higgins how's it going? What about that drop in over that ridge we did a couple seasons ago where you rode half way down and then decided to walk a little bit of it to see what was around the corner. Lol. Did you drop in there last season?

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride Feb 8 039 (Large).jpg McBride Feb 8 040 (Large).jpg McBride Feb 8 042 (Medium).jpg

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez Marty how you doing? Thats Goat Ridge, but i was in no mans land, and never being down there before and not getting back up top i had to go look! Then i did a solo roll after all!!!LOL.That was Feb.or Mar. a couple seasons back Hotrod and i hooked up with Crazy Wheeler for a little puckerfest! Only hit Lucielle once last season, lots at Belle, Renshaw a lot, Secret spot a couple and Blue River numerous times! We should try to hook up this season if possible!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's one of the smoother drops in I have seen. We have had guys/sleds end up in the trees, as well as a guy doing an end over end; catwheeling synchronized sledding tango with his sled into the bottom. :cool:

Poo16

Reaction score
Looks like a nice dump right before the weekend! Couldn't be more jealous

Last edited:

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
the-weather-network-logo.png

McBride, BC

Alert Details

Snowfall Warning

Issued at 3.13 PM PST Wednesday 20 November 2013

Summary 25 to 40 cm of snow through Friday morning. This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.
Details Disturbances moving along a nearly stationary front extending through east-Central British Columbia will produce copious snowfall for the Williston, McGregor and Northern Yellowhead regions. Pacific moisture will continally feed the front and snowfall will intensify later tonight and Thursday. Accumulations of 25 to 40 cm are likely from late this evening through early Friday morning.

Public Alerts

Poo16

Reaction score
Finally figured out how to edit that picture into my comment up there

Sent from my iPhone using

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://s.theweathernetwork.com/images/the-weather-network-logo.png

McBride, BC

Alert Details

Snowfall Warning

Issued at 3.13 PM PST Wednesday 20 November 2013

Summary 25 to 40 cm of snow through Friday morning. This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.
Details Disturbances moving along a nearly stationary front extending through east-Central British Columbia will produce copious snowfall for the Williston, McGregor and Northern Yellowhead regions. Pacific moisture will continally feed the front and snowfall will intensify later tonight and Thursday. Accumulations of 25 to 40 cm are likely from late this evening through early Friday morning.

Public Alerts

heading that way next weekend !! :p Maybe one more storm before then .

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So has anyone got info on the renshaw? How much snow at the cabin? Hows the trail up? Thinking about coming there sat morning and not sure which is the besta area to ride right now.....renshaw,bell or lucille?

Top Bottom