Snow shovels

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I compared the costco shovels to my BCA shovel ( also made in China)

The blades were made from the same thickness of aluminium the main difference was the shaft the Costco shovels use a round shaft made from .040 tubing and the BCA uses a oval shaft from .050 tubing

The main weakness I can see is maybe the weld on the blade breaking so I'm going to silde a 3' piece of 1 3/8 internal dia tubing over it to give it extra strength

I'm not saying that these are suitable for avalanche conditions but seem ideal for digging out of a drift for those of us who play in the fields and ditches

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went back and picked up two more today. Not a dam thing wrong with these. Not the one I carry in my backpack but will be in the vehicle. Not sure why some think it isn't any good??

Last edited:

ren

Reaction score
I am sure they are great value for a shovel if you are just intending to use it as a booter builder or getting yourself unstuck but shovelling avalanche debris might be a different story. Might be just fine...don't have a costco shovel so I can't give a educated review on them but when it comes to safety equipment I tend not to cheap out on gear. The extra $40 is well worth the piece of mind.

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were selling the exact same shovel at the sled show with a different name printed on the handle for $30 each and lots of people were buying them

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were selling the exact same shovel at the sled show with a different name printed on the handle for $30 each and lots of people were buying them
I wonder if they were reselling Costco ones with a name on it? Would be decent profit 10 marked up to 30.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran into Imdooin in Costco buying them. If they're good enough for him, then darn it, they're good enough for me.

Top Bottom