Snow Checked a 2015 Dominator

rcardle20

Reaction score
I snow checked a 2015 terrain dominator 163" and impatiently awaiting it's arrival:d...... I would like to do a few mods without doing a big bore or turbo... Just looking for some suggestions on what guys are doing and what's working well??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been around the new shocks on the dominator's. Hopefully they are a step up from the standard coil over walker Evans. Regardless, spend some time setting up the suspension for your weight and ridding style. If the stock shocks are still lacking than an upgraded shock package could be a good option. Also, if the sled is being used primarily in the mountains a gear down kit is a nice upgrade. This year I'm trying one from tki with a tensioner. There is a thread on here about a gear down kits that is worth looking at if you haven't already. Another inexpensive upgrade I would do is a bulkhead to tunnel protecter kit as this is a weak spot on these sleds and even a mild hit on a a arm can lead to a tweaked tunnel.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
I snow checked a 2015 terrain dominator 163" and impatiently awaiting it's arrival:d...... I would like to do a few mods without doing a big bore or turbo... Just looking for some suggestions on what guys are doing and what's working well??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I ordered the same sled as you, a 163" TD. Im gonna try the z broz 36" front end, Ice Age Pro motion and possibly a different bar setup. Im excited for the new suspension setup it should make it a lot easier/quicker to dial in.
Cant forget the Thing Cooker as well.
I will never call my sled a "terrain dominator" it sounds cheesy lol

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OFT billet steering blocks to replace the stock plastic ones. These are wicked. They take up the slop in the steering shaft. I had about 500 kms on my stockers and there was a little slop. Put these in and it's been better than new for the rest of the season. You need 3 of them to replace them all. No lube required, and last forever. It's a shame that they get covered up because they lood good, too. Not really mod for power or performance, just peace of mind, longevity and reliability.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OFT billet steering blocks to replace the stock plastic ones. These are wicked. They take up the slop in the steering shaft. I had about 500 kms on my stockers and there was a little slop. Put these in and it's been better than new for the rest of the season. You need 3 of them to replace them all. No lube required, and last forever. It's a shame that they get covered up because they lood good, too. Not really mod for power or performance, just peace of mind, longevity and reliability.

So if a guy was to get these blocks you wouldn't have to take apart the steering shaft to grease it?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the gauge relocate/dash bag. Easier to see instrument cluster and the bag gets enough heat off the motor to defrost goggles and keep electronics and water from freezing.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if a guy was to get these blocks you wouldn't have to take apart the steering shaft to grease it?

From what I read from OFT, on their website, is that you do not need to lube them. They have a bronze oil-lite bushing in them. If you want, you can take them off in the summer and soak the bushings in light weight oil for a day, wipe them dry and put them back in. I can't be 100% sure about soaking them, but if you emailed OFT, they could tell you.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the same sled as you, a 163" TD. Im gonna try the z broz 36" front end, Ice Age Pro motion and possibly a different bar setup. Im excited for the new suspension setup it should make it a lot easier/quicker to dial in.
Cant forget the Thing Cooker as well.
I will never call my sled a "terrain dominator" it sounds cheesy lol

What shocks are you going to use with your z broz 36"?

I believe those sleds come with the short pro tapers. I would be interested in them if you change yours out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
What shocks are you going to use with your z broz 36"?

I believe those sleds come with the short pro tapers. I would be interested in them if you change yours out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to use the WE clickers shocks, that come on the 15's. I was told they will work with z broz front end.
I wanted to do some garage boondocking with the low bars before I made up mind if I'm gonna keep them or not lol. If I find them too low we could work something out for sure.

Top Bottom