Snow Bike Revolution

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also thinking of building a snow bike. I have only been sledding for a couple years, but have been riding dirt bikes for years (summer and ice racing). I do have a couple questions. What are guys using for boots? Also what range to guys get on fuel? Again only sledding in the mountains for a couple years we usually just ride Renshaw. Am wondering if you would just have enough fuel to ride to the cabin play around a bit then head back? or can you make a day of it?
Ive rode renshaw many times on my snow bike and no issues with fuel. i pack the 3 gal mountain addiction can and my tank on my yz is 2.3 gallons. I have had to borrow alittle fuel before to get down but rarely. Its abit of a long trail ride into renshaw but long as its got some decent snow coverage good to go. When trail is whooped out you can ride the trail edges or just blitz the whoops passing all the sleds lol .Spring is only time ive rode bad trails then it can be sketchy on bike lots of icy or bare trails rocks and crap and open creeks just have to take it easy on that stuff. Rarely do any sleds make it down before the bikes in our group anyway

Limbo

Reaction score
I hope to find out what this snow bike stuff is like soon, currently building an AF CR500 with 137" timbersled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i am sold on these, but I would really like to know what type of boot guys are wearing? Concerned about shifting.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
I will be building a snow bike this year with a new Yamaha yz450fx and the new Moto-trax snow kit. The part that interest me is two things price and the kit actually has 18 degrees of lean to feel more like an actual bike. The Moto Trax kit is $7000.00 Canadian and has lots cool things different then some of the other bikes. As many mention I don't think will replace deep snow riding and the big hill climbs but a different experience totally. Should have the kits by Middle November and hopefully the new Yamaha by end the month. Anyone interested give me a call at work, Alberta Cycle.
http://Www.moto-Trax.com

Last edited:

pat84

Reaction score
I will be building a snow bike this year with a new Yamaha yz450fx and the new Moto-trax snow kit. The part that interest me is two things price and the kit actually has 18 degrees of lean to feel more like an actual bike. The Moto Trax kit is $7000.00 Canadian and has lots cool things different then some of the other bikes. As many mention I don't think will replace deep snow riding and the big hill climbs but a different experience totally. Should have the kits by Middle November and hopefully the new Yamaha by end the month. Anyone interested give me a call at work, Alberta Cycle.
http://Www.moto-Trax.com

I dont think that ski is going to be as good as the timbersled or yeti ski. Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited:

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear stompers too. Works well enough.

Motorfist stompers as well last 2 seasons, i rode my bike and sled about half an half and tread on stompers are done now from the foot pegs and kicker

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Between the riding areas in McBride, Valemount, and Blue River. Which is best suited for snow bike riders?

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
I dont think that ski is going to be as good as the timbersled or yeti ski. Time will tell I suppose.
You could be right but what I'm hearing is a lot of the un stable feel on hard pack snow comes from the rear skid not able to lean like the Moto-trax kit. So there for the ski shouldn't be an issue I hope. Time will tell!

pat84

Reaction score
You could be right but what I'm hearing is a lot of the un stable feel on hard pack snow comes from the rear skid not able to lean like the Moto-trax kit. So there for the ski shouldn't be an issue I hope. Time will tell!

I'd be more concerned with it sinking out of sight in the powder. Have you seen Trax- The Evolustion Of Snowbiking? In the movie Reagan Sieg talks about the difference from the old ski (I'm not sure what the old ski was) to the new one, he said it was night and day difference. I never rode the old ski, so I'm just going off of what I've heard. Might work fine, it's great to see more and more kits coming out. It's pushing the sport and it's exciting! Once you get it on the snow please report back!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between the riding areas in McBride, Valemount, and Blue River. Which is best suited for snow bike riders?

I ride with jrusher and hes goes anywhere our sleds do revy vale renshaw blue doesnt matter.
On the trail up to renshaw i cant catch him on the trail hes first up and first down everytime.
Cant beat him so Im building a snowbike this year to join him.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at renting 1 this year for a day. I have a bit of dirt bike trail and race experience so I'm hoping I can handle it. So this may sound dumb but can you put a push throttle conversion on a bike?

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at renting 1 this year for a day. I have a bit of dirt bike trail and race experience so I'm hoping I can handle it. So this may sound dumb but can you put a push throttle conversion on a bike?

Forsure you could, its all cable operated.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and sold my 13 Pro. Picked up a 14 KTM 450SXF and a T-Sled ST kit along with a boatload of goodies to do the project right the first time around. Spent a little time with Cory Brewster and got the lowdown on what is really needed to make these things function properly and run flawlessly in the snow. Hopefully getting the build done this weekend and ready to ride early december!

Been riding sleds for 23 years, 20 in the mountains, so i am a little nervous making the switch but pretty damn excited to try something new as well.

duggyb

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and sold my 13 Pro. Picked up a 14 KTM 450SXF and a T-Sled ST kit along with a boatload of goodies to do the project right the first time around. Spent a little time with Cory Brewster and got the lowdown on what is really needed to make these things function properly and run flawlessly in the snow. Hopefully getting the build done this weekend and ready to ride early december!

Been riding sleds for 23 years, 20 in the mountains, so i am a little nervous making the switch but pretty damn excited to try something new as well.

Also nervous on the switch but got lots of buddies to do it with so im stoked now, lets keep in touch i am always looking to link up with more YYC riders.

:)

AltaCycle

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with it sinking out of sight in the powder. Have you seen Trax- The Evolustion Of Snowbiking? In the movie Reagan Sieg talks about the difference from the old ski (I'm not sure what the old ski was) to the new one, he said it was night and day difference. I never rode the old ski, so I'm just going off of what I've heard. Might work fine, it's great to see more and more kits coming out. It's pushing the sport and it's exciting! Once you get it on the snow please report back!
We just received some kits today, so anyone interested stop in and check them out. $7200.00 Canadian reasonable price. Just waiting for the bike now, Yamaha tells us there on the water expected to land in the next 10 days. I'm not sure how the ski will work although unlike a sled bikes don't have much weight in the front, im far from expert though. I have heard the reason everyone spent so much time making different ski was for the hard packed snow. This bike has a skid that avoids the darting all over the place.
http://Www.moto-trax.com

Last edited:

DoCDoo

Reaction score
I guess if I was ready for a brand new sled then I would do a snow bike instead. Not worth the money to convert my KTM 250xc 2 stroke so would want to go 4stroke for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just received some kits today, so anyone interested stop in and check them out. $7200.00 Canadian reasonable price. Just waiting for the bike now, Yamaha tells us there on the water expected to land in the next 10 days. I'm not sure how the ski will work although unlike a sled bikes don't have much weight in the front, im far from expert though. I have heard the reason everyone spent so much time making different ski was for the hard packed snow. This bike has a skid that avoids the darting all over the place.
http://Www.moto-trax.com

Nice. Another choice in the snowbike market. Competition is healthy !
Canadian dollar exchange is blowing chunks right now. :mad:
Two years ago it was at par.
71 cents appears to be the prediction for bottom.

Top Bottom