Snow Bike Revolution

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is! Just about finished with just pegs (need to find a set), tank (held up at customs) and oil change to finish up and be ready to ride!

IMG_4089.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 306

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and 2 buddies are pumped to demo some Yeti's on saturday!

insane customs

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for someone to ride with or don't mind a tag along I am looking for people to ride with I have a new husky with a timber sled and not many snowbike buddys

Crude

Reaction score
I'm looking for some Snowbike buddies 2.
Going to finish putting together mine tomorrow.
Then headed to the Crowsnest and hope to find some snow to break it in.
Just have to figure a way to tie it down in my enclosed trailer.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come you didn't convert the Husky?

Thought about it but didn't want the hassle of jetting it constantly. Been there done that on the old sleds and just wanted to push the button and ride.

That plus the fact that there is alot to do on the bike to make it snow ready and i don't want to spend all the time converting everything back and forth. Not quite as simple as just bolting on the kit and going riding to make the bikes work well in all snow conditions.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for someone to ride with or don't mind a tag along I am looking for people to ride with I have a new husky with a timber sled and not many snowbike buddys

Most of my riding will be with buddies on sleds and one other T-Sled. Feel free to PM me, gonna be a bit of a slow riding year for me with a new baby in the house but i still want to get out as much as possible.

Good group of guys that I ride with. I have been riding for 23 years (20 mountains), my Dad has been riding for just about 50 years (30+ mountains) and the other guys all have about 5 years of experience under their belts. Nobody is allowed with us without the proper gear and training is highly recommended by all.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some Snowbike buddies 2.
Going to finish putting together mine tomorrow.
Then headed to the Crowsnest and hope to find some snow to break it in.
Just have to figure a way to tie it down in my enclosed trailer.

Easiest way is use your foot pegs and tie down to floor d-rings etc

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about one for a while as well and started a thread under snowbikes "seriously thinking about a snowbike" and got some good feedback from bike owners/riders. Cost is definitely a big factor but it would work out the same if you owned a sled and a bike, at least you can use it year round and don't have one or the other collecting dust for 6 months. That's my first thought in considering one, my second thought is to go with a 4 stroke that's street legal so I can ride right out the door. I haven't decided on what breed but have had my eye on a new KTM 500 EXC. Anyone have any other suggestions for a 4 stroke street legal that would work well on the snow?

I don't think I need to spend the money on a rental to try one, I've already convinced myself it would better suit my riding style but hope to hook up with someone one day to even take one for a spin, they look like an absolute blast!!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about one for a while as well and started a thread under snowbikes "seriously thinking about a snowbike" and got some good feedback from bike owners/riders. Cost is definitely a big factor but it would work out the same if you owned a sled and a bike, at least you can use it year round and don't have one or the other collecting dust for 6 months. That's my first thought in considering one, my second thought is to go with a 4 stroke that's street legal so I can ride right out the door. I haven't decided on what breed but have had my eye on a new KTM 500 EXC. Anyone have any other suggestions for a 4 stroke street legal that would work well on the snow?

I don't think I need to spend the money on a rental to try one, I've already convinced myself it would better suit my riding style but hope to hook up with someone one day to even take one for a spin, they look like an absolute blast!!

Personally I don't see myself switching back and forth since changing over some of the parts to go to dirt is just a hassle. Converting to street would be simple though since you could leave the intake and other parts alone and just ride it. Throw on a set of 17" supermoto wheels and ride!

I think a 500EXC or the Husky FE501S equivalent are the two best dual sport bikes out there. Have also heard good things about the 350 as both a snowbike and dual sport. The KTM 690 (Husky 701) are great dual sports as well but pay a big weight penalty when compared to a 500 for only a very small HP gain if any at all.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put this in a thread in the Snow Bike section as well but figured i would drop it here too. The bike i built is up for sale currently. Rode and it just wasn't for me so i will be going back to a sled. Pricing is good compared to others out there and i am just wanting to get back what i have into it. Details in the ad.

2014 KTM 450SXF Timbersled ST | snowmobiles | Calgary | Kijiji

Top Bottom