Snorkelling - Vent Line Check Valves

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm finally decided to get off my butt and install the snorkel kit I bought months ago for my grizz. It came with three one-way check valves, which I'm assuming are for the front diff, rear diff, and fuel tank. Don't these need to breath both ways?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they check valves, or those little "rain caps"...

I wouldn't use them if they are check valves....diffs get hot...expel air....then you hit a water/mud hole...get cool and suck air. With a check valve, it will suck goop in past the seals. Canned Ham has those bellows deals on the diff vents. In 5 yrs on my 07 the diff oil came out clean every time I changed it (9 or 10 times)....you can get those bellows for about 4 bucks from BRP.....just a thought. My bud put one on his RZR front diff instead of extending the vent line. Biggest problem is when he gets on the throttle, the bellows is trying to f%^k off ahead of the Polaris parts. Hahahaha

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they check valves, or those little "rain caps"...

They are one way check valves. Thanks for confirming my suspicions Dave. I'm finding it discouraging that I can't necessarily put my trust in an aftermarket kit - my lack of substantial mechanical experience is what lead me to buy a Performance ATV kit instead of building my own from scratch. Other than the nice air box lid that came with the kit, I'm finding that I could have built a better one from scratch and will probably end up doing so in the end.

As far as the vent lines go, I will be running all of them into the air box except the fuel one which I still need to figure out a decent solution for.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 07 I ran the fuel tank vent up under the pod and hung a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower fuel filter on the end of it as a "breather filter".

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea, thanks again Dave. I'll definately look into somethng like that.

Top Bottom