Smoking sled deals?

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no engine warranty for your 2018? What dealer? That is complete B.S making you wait in the middle of the season. Dealer should step up for you.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no engine warranty for your 2018? What dealer? That is complete B.S making you wait in the middle of the season. Dealer should step up for you.

I agree. Unless the computer shows that there was a turbo hooked up to the damn thing I would be expecting things fixed right quick or be on a demo. Crap happens but when youve just forked out 20k to own the newest and best, you shouldn’t be missing any of the riding season

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the dealerships fault, they are pulling their hair out too.

This just cat cares fault.
If it was within the first year of warranty there probably wouldn't be any issues.

Engine blew up on a Sunday.
I was at the dealership Monday morning at 8, had the engine out by 9.
Entered the warranty claim by 10.

Cat care wanted to send a private investigator.

He didn't show up till Friday.
Came took pictures.
Basically the same ones I am sharing with you.
Watched the mechanic pull a fresh copy of the ECM.

Another week goes by haven't heard jack **** from them.
Dealer calls them back everyday.

Finally cat care calls back this Monday.
They want a copy of the original bill of sale.

I had bought a cat snowvheck off a guy when I had sold my 850 snowcheck.
So they must have run the vin with registration so they saw that it wasn't registered to the original snowchecker.

No big deal, send in the original bill of sale.
So now they want me to sign a warrenty transfer form, and $25 transfer fee.

So track down buddy I had bought the snowcheck off of, get everything signed up, fax that off.

Still haven't heard what they are doing with the the claim.

So if anyone from Cat Care or Textron is out there I would like to extend a heartfelt fawk you. Thanks for fawking up half my January and half my February.

Not because the engine went boom, I understand that kinda **** happens, but because we are three weeks into a claim and we are still no further ahead than the first day.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I deem the customer experience you are getting acceptable- but at least you aren’t missing much. Calling to be frigid in the alpine again this weekend.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a new snow check 2018 cat only has one year of manufactures warranty, then you are dealing with aftermarket coverage? I like the ctecs, but that is BS coverage on a new machine. Polaris used to do something like that too. No way a new engine ( ctec) should be that much of a risk to buy. Is the Polaris 850 like that on year 2 also?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a new snow check 2018 cat only has one year of manufactures warranty, then you are dealing with aftermarket coverage? I like the ctecs, but that is BS coverage on a new machine. Polaris used to do something like that too. No way a new engine ( ctec) should be that much of a risk to buy. Is the Polaris 850 like that on year 2 also?
It is a Textron owned company, but an insurance company non the less.

I don't know if I did something to set off a red flag but they definitely have given me the run around.

First issue I have ever had with cat warrenty.

And honestly a engine is only $4k so next time I will gladly take the big discounts they are offering right now and self insure.
And probably turbo.
Life is to short to wait for warrenty claims.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see no reason not to lol.

Try and ride it for the next 7 days, if it goes well the mountain cat will become the backup sled.
You should get rid of the suitcase for the week at least. I know a guy who has one forsale.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get rid of the suitcase for the week at least. I know a guy who has one forsale.
I think it has a pipe, has BMP stickers anyway lol.

It's funny these King cats are going for way less than a Sidewinder.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it has a pipe, has BMO stickers anyway lol.

It's funny these King cats are going for way less than a Sidewinder.
Yamaha guys are weird....just kidding relax. Enjoy the new sled, can’t wait to hear how you like it.

Top Bottom