smokin deal on Avi course!!!

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys and gals its that time of year again.I have been talking to the guys at Hangfire Avalanche Training and once again they are going to let me put on a special price on your AST1.
Last year we filled the class and had a great time,we had 22 people sign up.
The regular price is $309 but for this one date you can get your AST1 certificate for $269.
Go to http://www.hangfiretraining.com on the right hand side click book now and scroll down to Special AST1 Two day January 15-16 2011.
This would make an excellent Christmas present so....lets get certified!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys and gals its that time of year again.I have been talking to the guys at Hangfire Avalanche Training and once again they are going to let me put on a special price on your AST1.
Last year we filled the class and had a great time,we had 22 people sign up.
The regular price is $309 but for this one date you can get your AST1 certificate for $269.
Go to on the right hand side click book now and scroll down to Special AST1 Two day January 15-16 2011.
This would make an excellent Christmas present so....lets get certified!!!

now that right there is a smoking deal dave. :d:beer: absolutely no reason not to get it done. sheet i should go as a refresher.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions through out BC are cosiderable at the moment...please be carefull out there and if you have not got your AST 1 maybe now would be a good time to start thinking about getting your certification.
Last week there were three avalanche incidents that I heard about,one of them a guy had his new XP totaled,I am glad no one was hurt.

mclaren

Reaction score
i just booked. my wife is tagging along and going skiing. if anybody else is going and there wife wants to go skiing while we take the course let me know.

sicamoose

Reaction score
Been meaning to do this for a while. Just waiting to hear back from a friend then will book. thanks for the post!

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well one more week till the coarse,its a go ahead for January 15-16th,if you have any interest or any questions please give me a pm.
If you are going to take a coarse but are not sure when,this is a good time as you can save a bit of money.
I can promise you won't be bored,these guys are great at teaching this coarse,the time goes by so fast.
I will once again be taking the coarse,I had a lot of fun last year and the knowledge gained has helped me stay safer ever since.
Too all the people that have booked I look forward too meeting all of you.

Cheers

Boblikesfun

Reaction score
Last night I booked with a friend of mine from Golden. I was amazed at all the people I saw last year at Quartz who weren't properly equiped. I'm looking forward to learning more and meeting some people.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well tomorrow is the big day...I look forward to meeting all that signed up and to those that are still thinking about it I'll let you know that the conditions for the coarse are excellent,lots of fresh snow and way warmer than here in Calgary,I hear that the temperature should be around -3c which is almost tropical like weather after the last week of arctic temps here in Alberta.

Cheers,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The highway east of Golden is closed and they are saying it will open at 8am Saturday....It looks like I am taking a ride to Radium and then heading north too Golden....six or so hours for a three hour trip......hmmmm

I'm still going though!:d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The highway east of Golden is closed and they are saying it will open at 8am Saturday....It looks like I am taking a ride to Radium and then heading north too Golden....six or so hours for a three hour trip......hmmmm

I'm still going though!:d

me and my crew are leaving in an hour or so.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow....what a ride,never got to Golden till past midnight.....winter conditions for sure!!!!
For those heading this way,theres LOTS of fresh snow!!!:d

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made it to revy last night and that's as far as I could go. The expected opening keeps getting pushed back. Looks like we are riding revy today.

Top Bottom