Small led light bar for snowmobile

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on using one of these on my sled. I'm running a m1000 turbo and trying to keep the power draw down. Cause the m1 isn't the most stable power source. Just seeing if anybody has done this on their sled and what they ended up having to do. If this is even a viable option or not? And if it is going to be bright enough.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
usy4uzas.jpg

That's what I'm looking to do to my sled.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on using one of these on my sled. I'm running a m1000 turbo and trying to keep the power draw down. Cause the m1 isn't the most stable power source. Just seeing if anybody has done this on their sled and what they ended up having to do. If this is even a viable option or not? And if it is going to be bright enough.
Check out Speed Demon light's, they are a SV. Located in Calgary, and both Cory's are great to talk to. And..... mention snow and mud to get 15-20% discount

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out Speed Demon light's, they are a SV. Located in Calgary, and both Cory's are great to talk to. And..... mention snow and mud to get 15-20% discount

Sweet thanks for the info! I'll swing in there sometime this week and see if they have something that fits the bill! I might even get my rubber arm twisted into buying some for the trucks!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for the info! I'll swing in there sometime this week and see if they have something that fits the bill! I might even get my rubber arm twisted into buying some for the trucks!
No prob.... I'm going to put a 20" light bar on my truck, from them. They are located in the NE at 39th and Edmonton Trail. "Fast Toy's 4 Boy's" I think???

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just messing around with a multi meter in the shop this morning, here's what I came up with for amp draw....the first pic is an 1141 18 SMD LED Warm White bulb. Second pic is an 18 watt 6" LED bar (same as the one cnelson6 has in his pic). Third pic is a typical 1141 incandescent bulb. Basically, you can run 10 LED's for the power consumption of one incandescent, that's why I have replaced every bulb in my holiday trailer (42 in total) with the warm white 18SMD LED's. One 18watt LED light bar consumes less energy that a tail light bulb.

Attachments

• 1156.jpg
    1156.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 18 SMD LED.jpg
    18 SMD LED.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 18watt LED.jpg
    18watt LED.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just messing around with a multi meter in the shop this morning, here's what I came up with for amp draw....the first pic is an 1141 18 SMD LED Warm White bulb. Second pic is an 18 watt 6" LED bar (same as the one cnelson6 has in his pic). Third pic is a typical 1141 incandescent bulb. Basically, you can run 10 LED's for the power consumption of one incandescent, that's why I have replaced every bulb in my holiday trailer (42 in total) with the warm white 18SMD LED's. One 18watt LED light bar consumes less energy that a tail light bulb.

Awesome post! That's the exact info I'm looking for! I just ordered a 6" led bar from e bay to try out.(speed demon didn't have the size I need and the rigid one is pretty pricey) so I'll be installing it on the m1000 when it arrives and keeping you up to date on how it performs. Now I just need to figure out the way to wire it so I can turn it on and off with my hi low control. Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom