sly dogs

soh

Reaction score
I just put a set of 8' powder hounds on my HCR and am thinking they look to wide. Will this affect the way it side hills? Should I run that wide of ski on an M?Is anyone out there using this ski?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of 8' powder hounds on my HCR and am thinking they look to wide. Will this affect the way it side hills? Should I run that wide of ski on an M?Is anyone out there using this ski?

8 foot wide skis those things are huge.................. LOL.... Im thinking you meant 8" not 8', shouldn't be to bad, buddy of mine runs those skis on his m8 and loves them

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put them on my 1000 and can not wait to try them. I think they will be great!

• Thanks
Reactions: soh

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on my M8 and so far I like the way they sidehill but they seem to push when trying turn at slow speeds but i was also used to simmons on a rev which are very aggressive and could turn on a dime.

• Thanks
Reactions: soh

cdnsledder

Reaction score
I got the same ones. seem to work fine. cant remember what stock was like tho.

NOTE: the friggen rubber bumpers between the ski and the spindle might fall out. fell out on mine a few times until i rigged it to work. I put them in the correct way as well. just be careful, endos hurt when that ski tip drops into the snow and pulls you over the bar. my one complaint about the ski design, otherwise looks good and works as it should.

cdnsledder

Reaction score
Hey soh, like i said i couldn't sent this pic in our PM's so here is a picture of what i did. i dont know how to rotate it now either. lol, i suck

IMG-20111125-00193.jpg

soh

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will do the same thing just to be safe !!!!

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the same ones. seem to work fine. cant remember what stock was like tho.

NOTE: the friggen rubber bumpers between the ski and the spindle might fall out. fell out on mine a few times until i rigged it to work. I put them in the correct way as well. just be careful, endos hurt when that ski tip drops into the snow and pulls you over the bar. my one complaint about the ski design, otherwise looks good and works as it should.

SAME thing has been happening to me. Not impressed, and yes they hurt. I see what you did with the screws. I put my stockers back on for now but will think about that.

heathkiks

Reaction score
I thought that they were terrible on my M8. Not only did the rubbers fall out, they didn't turn for beans on trail (with carbides). Another grip is that they are flat out scary on crusted snow. That said, I put them on my Mountain Max and couldn't be happier.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to try my 8 inch sly dogs this weekend on my 09 M1000 and love these skis over stock! Great on the trail and worked well in the powder in the trees and held a awesome sidehill! No complaints. Not sure if I will put screws in front of the stopper? Is this not how the stock skis sat in there as well? Love them!

Top Bottom