SLP pipe and can or BMP?

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2016 axys sks. Just wondering what pipe most people are running and good and bad of both? I like the slp but a good buddie has one and is having DET problems at low elevation.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2016 axys sks. Just wondering what pipe most people are running and good and bad of both? I like the slp but a good buddie has one and is having DET problems at low elevation.

Jaws. Huge improvement. Solid 10-12 HP throughout entire powerband.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelsey from RK Tek was running one last week up to 9000' no issues. Noticeable gains.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On the Dynotec pipe shoot out the SLP pipe made 4.3 more HP and the bikeman made 8.1 more HP. plus you can only buy SLP's pipe with there aweful can. I think the bikeman is built better as well.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Dynotec pipe shoot out the SLP pipe made 4.3 more HP and the bikeman made 8.1 more HP. plus you can only buy SLP's pipe with there aweful can. I think the bikeman is built better as well.
So with the bike man you can run any can with it? Would like something not too loud.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8HP but have to pick from high altitude or low altitude. That's the only down fall. If you pick low altitude pipe and run at high altitude HP is same as stock. If you. Pick high altitude and run low altitude, good chance of bang. Ask if they can build It with removeable bushing? If not, Jaws is offering a trail can with his setup.

TimG

Reaction score
You can get the SLP pipe without the can, $700 from Cycle Works. My buddy did it that way. Im getting the Jaws though. After doing my homework, I believe it is making more peak power, and more power over a broader range than the SLP or Bikeman. The other contender for me would be the Dyno Port, but it won't be out for 2 or 3 more weeks. Jaws is $500 and needs no resistor or fuel controller. Bikeman is $620 from Don's Speed Parts.

TimG

Reaction score
I spent some quality time on the phone about the Jaws pipe with Kelsey from RK Tek. He said that Greg from Jaws had pipe dimensions figured out and tested on the old Pro that made awesome power, but he couldn't get it to work in the confines of the chassis. Every time he got it bent into a shape that would fit for the Pro, the power fell off so badly that he eventually gave up on it after 3 years of trying to get it to work. Hence, Jaws never did offer a pipe for the Pro. However, when the Axys chassis came out, he was able to make a couple minor changes and fit it to the chassis while keeping the power gain intact.

This tells me two things: 1) This Greg fellow must be a pretty stand up guy if he worked on a pipe for that long and never released it because it didn't meet his standards. It would have been very easy to release something even if it didn't work real well, in the interest of having a pipe available for every model and making a few bucks.

2) This pipe has 3 years of development behind it! Let's not forget that this is still essentially a Pro engine. His years of testing and refining will find application on this motor.

All in all, it has convinced me enough to buy one, but nobody at Jaws was answering the phone on Friday. I will try again Monday.

I also have to give Kelsey credit because he came straight out and said that the Jaws pipe was the single biggest improvement you could make on this sled. I called to ask him about a head, and he said to get the pipe first. Very stand up also, cause he makes and sells the head but not the pipe.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive always liked my jaws cans, had good luck and heard good things about the company. And canadian made! I dont see it on their website but i'll be calln this week too��

08dmax

Reaction score
I talked with jaws a few weeks ago.. 9hp and no fuel mod needed. I know bmp pipe is working awesome on the axys.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent some quality time on the phone about the Jaws pipe with Kelsey from RK Tek. He said that Greg from Jaws had pipe dimensions figured out and tested on the old Pro that made awesome power, but he couldn't get it to work in the confines of the chassis. Every time he got it bent into a shape that would fit for the Pro, the power fell off so badly that he eventually gave up on it after 3 years of trying to get it to work. Hence, Jaws never did offer a pipe for the Pro. However, when the Axys chassis came out, he was able to make a couple minor changes and fit it to the chassis while keeping the power gain intact.

This tells me two things: 1) This Greg fellow must be a pretty stand up guy if he worked on a pipe for that long and never released it because it didn't meet his standards. It would have been very easy to release something even if it didn't work real well, in the interest of having a pipe available for every model and making a few bucks.

2) This pipe has 3 years of development behind it! Let's not forget that this is still essentially a Pro engine. His years of testing and refining will find application on this motor.

All in all, it has convinced me enough to buy one, but nobody at Jaws was answering the phone on Friday. I will try again Monday.

I also have to give Kelsey credit because he came straight out and said that the Jaws pipe was the single biggest improvement you could make on this sled. I called to ask him about a head, and he said to get the pipe first. Very stand up also, cause he makes and sells the head but not the pipe.

The good thing with Greg is yes he is a stand up guy who backs all of his stuff and will not release anything if he's not happy with it. I've known him since '98 and he built me lots of race engines and a boat load of pipes and cans. He is best in the business IMHO. He is having similar issue with etec pipe. Can't quite get the mapping dialed in. Almost but not 100%. Hitting 12 HP with that but getting a bad lean spot in one spot he's trying to sort out.

Jbgough123

Reaction score
Only benefit I can even see with a slp setup would be that's 2-3 pounds lighter then stock which is probably mostly heat shields I'm guessing? Wayy to many resistor issues and cracking issues now for them to redeem themselves to me at this point not to mention it seems bmp and jaws are making almost double the power all around over slp and no fuel controller or resistor racket to deal with or cracking. Wanted to toss a bmp setup on mine but I think I'll be waiting tell winters of er and going full bmp stage 3/4 ypipe pipe can billet head and fix it kit. They said there ypipe should he out very soon. Jaws is starting to look interesting as well though. I ride 0-2700 if it means anything.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my new jaws pipe and trail can showed up today. Put it on and wow does it ever sound good. Running 75grams of weight in the primary and still over revving. Have to call mds tomorrow and see what we can figure out.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my new jaws pipe and trail can showed up today. Put it on and wow does it ever sound good. Running 75grams of weight in the primary and still over revving. Have to call mds tomorrow and see what we can figure out.
75?? Dam. Wat elevation? Good thing i didnt order heavier weights yet. I thought 74 mite be enuff

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
75?? Dam. Wat elevation? Good thing i didnt order heavier weights yet. I thought 74 mite be enuff
Just ditch banging powder junki. Only 2000ft here in good sask. but with that being said should be able to pull 65g I. Stewart this spring I hope.

Top Bottom