sloppy steering linkage!!

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
is there anyway to get rid of that god forsaken loose sloppiness in the steering its disgusting....also is there a way to get a stronger steering post something im not afraid too reef on

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to get rid of that god forsaken loose sloppiness in the steering its disgusting....also is there a way to get a stronger steering post something im not afraid too reef on

Yes. Buy a polaris, yamaha or skidoo. Its been a characteristic of cat as long as I can remember.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can swap out to the other steering post that comes on the base models. Order thru dealer. Get a riser block you're comfortable with and forget about it. Lots of guys doing that.

^^^ another quality post from doo Guys I see lol.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can swap out to the other steering post that comes on the base models. Order thru dealer. Get a riser block you're comfortable with and forget about it. Lots of guys doing that.

^^^ another quality post from doo Guys I see lol.

Not a bash. The riser height or tele steering post is all preference. My whole fam rides cat and this has been a fact back to the 98 powder special. They have always had a bit more slop in the steering than the other three manufacturers. Does it make it a bad sled? Absolutely not. Just a fact. Sorry if I hurt your delicate sensibilities.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=d mills;1588067]Not a bash. The riser height or tele steering post is all preference. My whole fam rides cat and this has been a fact back to the 98 powder special. They have always had a bit more slop in the steering than the other three manufacturers. Does it make it a bad sled? Absolutely not. Just a fact. Sorry if I hurt your delicate sensibilities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Haha no feelers hurt here dude. I couldn't care less. We all ride what we ride for a reason. They all have their issues. Ya can't expect to comment telling a guy on a cat forum to buy a doo without someone gettin a jab in at ya lol. Cheers :beer:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=d mills;1588067]Not a bash. The riser height or tele steering post is all preference. My whole fam rides cat and this has been a fact back to the 98 powder special. They have always had a bit more slop in the steering than the other three manufacturers. Does it make it a bad sled? Absolutely not. Just a fact. Sorry if I hurt your delicate sensibilities.

Haha no feelers hurt here dude. I couldn't care less. We all ride what we ride for a reason. They all have their issues. Ya can't expect to comment telling a guy on a cat forum to buy a doo without someone gettin a jab in at ya lol. Cheers :beer:[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could have worded my original post better. All I'm saying is cat historically has a little more steering play than the others. Not trying to F-up the thread. And they certainly do all have issues. But they also all have they're virtues as well. I'll stfu and hope you guys can help this fellow out. Sorry for any interruption. And I was in no way, shape or form telling him to buy a doo. Lol

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha no feelers hurt here dude. I couldn't care less. We all ride what we ride for a reason. They all have their issues. Ya can't expect to comment telling a guy on a cat forum to buy a doo without someone gettin a jab in at ya lol. Cheers :beer:

I suppose I could have worded my original post better. All I'm saying is cat historically has a little more steering play than the others. Not trying to F-up the thread. And they certainly do all have issues. But they also all have they're virtues as well. I'll stfu and hope you guys can help this fellow out. Sorry for any interruption. And I was in no way, shape or form telling him to buy a doo. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Steering slop has always been an issue for some on a cat. I know mine is sloppy and squeaks after big jump landings and going over the whoops .. Now that can be annoying. But I like the telescopic feature so I'm willing to sacrifice one for another.

PROCLIMB, if u insist on changing it out, I don't think anyone makes a new steering stem that keeps the telescopic adjustability, not yet anyways, I would suggest you order one from your dealer. Can't imagine it's overly easy to change so may wanna think about if its worth it or not. There's some great info over on snowest about this swap. Hope it helps.

procat801

Reaction score
Check out zbros racing. They have a steering stem that fixed the short steering ratio for 150 bucks. And they also have a stem that takes away the tele post

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
Yah ultimately I wanna lose the telescopic steering I don't lower it for trail riding because I don't trail ride, I think it's the worst invention ever that's what I'm blaming the sloppy steering on anyways I'm just afraid if I come off a cornice it's gonna snap I dunno what kind of pressure it takes to snap it big it doesn't feel strong at all I wonder why they even made the m's like that?? Xf sure f sure but not the ms

Top Bottom