Sledless... now to try before I buy!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this the point of dealer demo units? I know it does not happen often in the sled world but a dealer should be willing to let someone use a demo for an extended test drive rather than just 15 minutes around the shop or at a marketing event where 200 people want their 5 minutes seat time.

Every time I bought a car from a dealer I always insisted on a 24 hour test drive and was always granted this.

There must be a way that dealers could offer a similar service to people genuinely wanting to compare brands and models.
I demo'd a M7 back in 05 and the dealer wanted a $1500 damage deposit. I didn't want to do that incase of theft or whatever( was going to revy for the weekend) so we ended up doing a bill of sale and I insured for the weekend. Cost me $20 for temporary policy with collision. Good thing too as I rolled it a zillion times down turbo hill that weekend and wrote it off. Which is a story for entirely different thread!!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind set up plays a major role how the sled handles. A buddy had a new T3 and after 2 hrs I'm pretty sure if anybody would have offered him 6 grand he would have sold it on the spot, absolutely did not like it. Spent some time, adjusted it ( mainly tightened the limiter strap ) and viola! Night and day he said! And he was having same problem just kept flopping it over on its side. So..... Just another piece to the puzzle

BAC'S

Reaction score
After riding a 174 T3 for only a short period of time I can tell you it definitely feels way more "tippy" then previous generations. I also felt the same way switching from my zx chassis to my current xp but i can tell you after a little saddle time it felt natural and helped my riding greatly. So i wouldn't rule out the summit after only a couple hours.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the cat too. It does sound like you may be over riding the sleds though. With the new chassis you only need to go wrong foot forward on really steep sidehills or J turns.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just tried my 174T3 for one pull and a few small rips and he is buying a doo next year and dumping his 14 pro. my sled makes his look like my kids bravo.

its true. watching some of the videos on here of the PRO RMK everything looks so crazy and violet full throttle all the time. while the xm is kind of like lalalalala 1/4 throttle. cute really

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
its true. watching some of the videos on here of the PRO RMK everything looks so crazy and violet full throttle all the time. while the xm is kind of like lalalalala 1/4 throttle. cute really

You love to stir up that pot Maxwell....lol

I hate the latest Tapatalk update .... on my phone.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I have decided...
15' RMK Assault.
Quick adjust suspension and a little wider stance than the pure mountain machines as a bit more suited to my size and riding style.
The extra 2 years of engine warranty as of Jan 1 helped too.
Looked at the Freeride, if one was available to buy, it would be almost 5K more! Not a fan of the color or the price.
Hopefully pick it up next week.
Thanks for all the comments.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself have opted to get a 2016 standard Rmk 800 and hoping they release the new 800HO engine into the chassis. Mainly for the cooling and more friendly lack of snow riding, also comes with the powder track and not the competition.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the same. Still have the option to Snowcheck a '16 RMK or the Assault.

Top Bottom