Sledding around Kimberley

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was me for sure. Surprised to find 8 sleds and no riders. ???

Took my new quad on a shake down run. Nice conditions.

Attachments

• PB150013.jpg
    PB150013.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 51
  • PB150002.jpg
    PB150002.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 62

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 of us hooked up with 4 others on the trail and went for a hike up to the peak on the north side of the pass. Skiing is some of the best i've seen this time of year. Probing 130cm + , snowpack is consolidateing nicely. Warmer temps and precip is the best way to build a strong, safe snowpack. Sledding afterwards on the powerline pass was was pretty dam good. Winter is here.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw some small areas on the West side where the snow had sloughed a little but better now than having it build up. Did you try the road up to "Fat Bobs" cabin? Was going to try it but being alone, thought better of it.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the terrain like up the grey creek pass? Bear in mind, I am talking for skiing. I have yet to explore up there much, always seem to be on the eastern side of the valley. Just curious, looking for some good ski touring zones for the upcoming season.

Thanks

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I put the trail in there and bumped into a possy of sledders from cranbrook playing at the pass. They put the trail up the powerline from the east side. I didn't look down the west side but i did see old skin tracks up to fat bobs. I don't know how far they skinned up from the west.
I saw some ski tracks on your tracks near the summit, Were there skiiers with you?

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what criteria you need for your skiing, so I'll leave it to KJB & others that will know what you are looking for. Last year I ran into some boarders that were having a ball & towed them up a couple of times.

These pics are at the summit on the power line and area so it may be of some help.

Attachments

• P3110002.jpg
    P3110002.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 59
  • P3110004.jpg
    P3110004.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 67
  • P3110013 - Copy.jpg
    P3110013 - Copy.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 62
  • P3110010.jpg
    P3110010.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 63

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the terrain like up the grey creek pass? Bear in mind, I am talking for skiing. I have yet to explore up there much, always seem to be on the eastern side of the valley. Just curious, looking for some good ski touring zones for the upcoming season.

Thanks

There are several different places to ski there. Lots of good safe tree skiing for when hazzard is high. Good chute skiing when you want it steep. Great open tree lines for taking novices skiiers out safely. More of a west koot snowpack compared to the eastern slopes ( More rockies type shallow snow pack). And some great sledding for when you want more faceshots.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I put the trail in there and bumped into a possy of sledders from cranbrook playing at the pass. They put the trail up the powerline from the east side. I didn't look down the west side but i did see old skin tracks up to fat bobs. I don't know how far they skinned up from the west.
I saw some ski tracks on your tracks near the summit, Were there skiiers with you?

Negative. I did see some skin tracks gowing up the power line where it joins the road on the West side, but no skiiers on the way up or down.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, that gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect. I dig the idea of a west koots snowpack, with an east koots commute. :d:d Now to round up the boys and see if they are interested in trying somewhere new.

Who knows, might see you up there this weekend.

Thanks again

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was me for sure. Surprised to find 8 sleds and no riders. ???

Took my new quad on a shake down run. Nice conditions.

Nice ride! 850XP? Power steering is a nice feature with the tracks. Will have to let me know how it's holding up in the spring, thinking of the 550 with PS for the wife. Unfortunately no local dealer though, where did you buy yours?
Kevin

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the 550xp. All the power I need. Bought it at West Country Liesure in Buck Lake Ab.
Closest BC dealer to me is Agro Equipment in Cranbrook. Great Service dept.

Top Bottom