Sled won't start I need help!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016 ski Doo XM

Help! We just got back from fernie after a couple days riding. I went to start my sled to unload it and fired it up but happen to grab the wrong key. So pulled the key off to shut it down got the correct key and now this flipping thing won't start !! What the heck happened ??

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Help! We just got back from fernie after a couple days riding. I went to start my sled to unload it and fired it up but happen to grab the wrong key. So pulled the key off to shut it down got the correct key and now this flipping thing won't start !! What the heck happened ??

Thanks

On a Polaris?
Just unhook the wiring harness from the key assembly.
Pull and go.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a Polaris?
Just unhook the wiring harness from the key assembly.
Pull and go.
Ah ****ty Tapatalk , I now see this is in the XM forum.

Maybe the computer locks it out when you put the wrong key on........

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya sorry on a 2016 XM

Limbo

Reaction score
I doubt the issue is with the DESS, many people switch between sleds on any given ride and I'm sure they occasionally try the wrong tether. Kill switch failed on the bars maybe, you can easily test this by disconnecting it under the bar pad.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on temperature. Hit kill switch to off.. pull cord a couple times or crank with estart, If that does not work, throw a tarp over sled for 15-20 mins and apply heat... heat gun, propane on... cylinders, blow dryers, exhaust, what ever you got and find the biggest dude to pull dat biatch over...I am sure to lambasted, but on cold days...etecs are hard to wake up.

Top Bottom