sled recovery bussiness

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like I found a 87 alpine with low miles (1900 ish) girlfriends dad is going to check it out in st albert tonight. going to order my gas powered winch in the next few days then I will have a fab for a week to build all my hitches and skimmers. I want to be full set up and have a week or two to drive my 900 over a cliff and go recover it. have to go to the mm III then a week of building then when my better half comes down for a week to sled I will put her to work pulling out my sled for a few tests lol. then I should be in business in the last week of feb. so to all you guys that ride in Sicamous and blow your engine or need to be pulled out, put my number on your speed dial.

Cutting Edge Sled Recovery.......250-517-8146 Garry

Going to try my hardest to get a $300 gift certificate made for MM III if you can wait till im up and running in late feb or start of march!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like I found a 87 alpine with low miles (1900 ish) girlfriends dad is going to check it out in st albert tonight. going to order my gas powered winch in the next few days then I will have a fab for a week to build all my hitches and skimmers. I want to be full set up and have a week or two to drive my 900 over a cliff and go recover it. have to go to the mm III then a week of building then when my better half comes down for a week to sled I will put her to work pulling out my sled for a few tests lol. then I should be in business in the last week of feb. so to all you guys that ride in Sicamous and blow your engine or need to be pulled out, put my number on your speed dial.

Going to try my hardest to get a $300 gift certificate made for MM III if you can wait till im up and running in late feb or start of march!

sounds like you have quite the plan there garry. cant wait to see your set up.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey overkill, I live in st.albert if you need me to go look at any for you, I don't mind just pm me. Good luck

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the postive input and help. I have the father in law going to check it out but if he is not sure then I will call you Mach123. Im going to have to have a discount price for S&M members! looks like I have some long welding hours ahead. I want this to be set up good. kinda like pulling a car out of the ditch with a top end tow truck cmpared to hooking on to it with a rope and a donkey lol. my goal it to be fair un like those choppers. I think I like the saying "Cheaper than a Chopper" can any one tell me if they had been choppered out? and there experence on the whole thing!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Got it and will call when she blows up. Sooner or later they all do.

234blair

Reaction score
A dude with the Nakusp sled club made a mod twin track Alpine from an old Alpine and a couple parts sleds. Upgraded the twin tracks to deeper lugs and put twin skis on the front. Sled didn't go fast but climbed amazingly well, forward or reverse. With the twin skis on the front you could even turn it reasonably well. I think the front suspension was from an old Yamaha. Saw it pulling a huge bbq on a heavy steel sled up to the alpine for a poker rally. You should track him down for some tips on your mod project. [media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/media]

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dude with the Nakusp sled club made a mod twin track Alpine from an old Alpine and a couple parts sleds. Upgraded the twin tracks to deeper lugs and put twin skis on the front. Sled didn't go fast but climbed amazingly well, forward or reverse. With the twin skis on the front you could even turn it reasonably well. I think the front suspension was from an old Yamaha. Saw it pulling a huge bbq on a heavy steel sled up to the alpine for a poker rally. You should track him down for some tips on your mod project. [media]https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/media]

been thinking about a track up grade but for this year since the idea was late lol Im going to run it and use my 900 for the hard to get in to places and winch it out with my gas winch and 1000 -2000 feet of rope. it will pull two sleds 25 feet a minute lol. it should work great. nice and light also. but pricy lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been thinking about a track up grade but for this year since the idea was late lol Im going to run it and use my 900 for the hard to get in to places and winch it out with my gas winch and 1000 -2000 feet of rope. it will pull two sleds 25 feet a minute lol. it should work great. nice and light also. but pricy lol

sure hope you getter working, at first maybe try to keep it simple as you don't want to rack up your expenses. by keeping it simple you can find out what works before going broke. a setup mtn sled with a sled sleigh should work and seems to be what you see bringing sleds back. that and a winch should get the job done, good luck and hope to never have to use your sevices:d:beer:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been surfin for a place to buy rope in edmonton....anyone know a wholesaler of rope in edmonton? looking for 1/2 - 9/16 double braded rated around 7000-12000 pounds (working load of 3000 pound) trying to find 2 rolls of 600 feet

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the postive input and help. I have the father in law going to check it out but if he is not sure then I will call you Mach123. Im going to have to have a discount price for S&M members! looks like I have some long welding hours ahead. I want this to be set up good. kinda like pulling a car out of the ditch with a top end tow truck cmpared to hooking on to it with a rope and a donkey lol. my goal it to be fair un like those choppers. I think I like the saying "Cheaper than a Chopper" can any one tell me if they had been choppered out? and there experence on the whole thing!

A buddy of mine got his sled extracted via a chopper from Millage near Blue River. The cost was $1400.00 to get his sled back to Valmount. I think the job was a charge of 1 hr so chopper service in that area is about $1400 per hr. We tried to pull his sled up the last hill ( bowl ) and if we had an Alpine or a snow cat - it would have got us to the trail head and we could have pulled it the rest of the way. We tried an attempt with two 164" XP in parallel ( one on each ski ) and couldn't get the last 100 to 75 ft up the slope. Good luck with the biz - I think it is a good idea .

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been surfin for a place to buy rope in edmonton....anyone know a wholesaler of rope in edmonton? looking for 1/2 - 9/16 double braded rated around 7000-12000 pounds (working load of 3000 pound) trying to find 2 rolls of 600 feet

CND Rope
780-440-2102

We get double braid nylon from them. They also have kernmantle and other types. Karabiners and shackle blocks, slings, etc...

You can get them to put an eye on one or both ends of the rope too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom