Sled Insurance

becker007

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2008 Nytro and went to insure it at AMA. They have a policy of not insuring anything over 900cc. What is everybody else doing as I may have to take all my insurance somewhere else.It is probably not feasible to just insure one item. The Nytro has a turbo.
Thanks
Steve

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just insured my 1000 with everything and with out comp and I pay 150.00 per yr just renewed a week ago...

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ensure through Nordic insurance in Calgary. I have 4 policies through them and they seem to be fine.

becker007

Reaction score
I got a quick quote through AMA and it was going to be around $2000 from Nordic

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try Primum (sp), they insured my 1000 before I sold it no problem, they did have the underwriter approve it but the did insure not remembering the cost though. They did ask if it had any mods or would be used for racing

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Few weeks ago I purchased a 2009 Polaris trail RMK 550, which brought my total number of insured sleds to 5, other sleds are 08-M1000, 09-M8, 96-Polaris XLT and a 1981 yamaha 340 enticer.
I was insured through Dominion for 14 yrs on all my insurance, house, autos, toys etc. went to insure the polaris trail through them, they said no way, due to our daughter who is 15 yrs old and was under the age of 25 yrs was going to be the main rider and the sled was larger than 500cc. Didn't make sense to me as all my other sleds but one are over 500cc.
My insurance broker (phoenix in GP) got me quotes from Axa Pacific insurance and they would insure everything, switched everything over. Cancelled everything I had with Dominion.

I would suggest if you looking at insurance, find a good broker, and get them to do some shopping around for you and don't hesitate to switch insurance company's.
Insurance companys make tons of money off of people and then treat us like criminals, when we do need there assitance.

Top Bottom