Sled for Christmas HELP!

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys and girls, im trying to convince my mom to buy me a sled for christmas. she says she doesnt want me getting one because there too dangerous. the reason she thinks that is because this summer i was dirtbiking in brule and was hydroplaning and fell and half my finger got cut off. were going to look at snowmobiles today at martin powersports though, what should i say to try and convince her that she should buy me one?

ive already said.
i love ski dooing with dad
(parents are divorced, he has two sleds, but in sasketchewan)

i want to keep hanging out with my group of friends who ski doo

i like dirtbiking alot and dont have any engine related hobbies in the winter

its not like ill be highmarking in the mountains cause im not that good.

it will keep me active.

and thats about it. what else could i do? sorry for the long post i just really want a snowmobile :d:d

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be there today flipping burgers for the trail club come and talk to the Trialseekers about our trail system maybe we show what were about and how we promote safety and repect to our sport might go a long ways with your mom

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledding is also about responsibility. Do you have a part time job, for fuel, parts, mods, etc? How are your grades in school? I think riding is a great way to enjoy winter for a guy your age. Meet great people, and keep yourself out of trouble.

and I'm a MOM. lol

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be there today flipping burgers for the trail club come and talk to the Trialseekers about our trail system maybe we show what were about and how we promote safety and repect to our sport might go a long ways with your mom

perfect. shed like that im sure. im going to the west end location. will you be at west end or south?

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Santa claus rides a cat and manages to deliver all those gifts without getting hurt

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As Momma mentioned the point about "staying out of trouble". I think that would be my #1 point. "What am I going to do all winter while my buddies are out riding". Stress too that you want to get involved with a Club and do some volunteering..etc. But make sure you follow through on everything you throw out there or all trust will be lost. Good Luck.:beer:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledding is also about responsibility. Do you have a part time job, for fuel, parts, mods, etc? How are your grades in school? I think riding is a great way to enjoy winter for a guy your age. Meet great people, and keep yourself out of trouble.

and I'm a MOM. lol

Really momma....Really.... you didn't just say that did ya...LOL

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and I'm a MOM. lol

no, i lost my job giving out samples at superstore because my finger is disgusting mangled lol. but its almost fully healed so i could get another job here soon. my grades are sub-par but im working really hard on improving. i just got in -1 classes. (it goes -3 which is like speciel ed pretty much, -2 which is normal classes, and -1 which is like higher end classes that are more for universitys and stuff)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, i lost my job giving out samples at superstore because my finger is disgusting mangled lol. but its almost fully healed so i could get another job here soon. my grades are sub-par but im working really hard on improving. i just got in -1 classes. (it goes -3 which is like speciel ed pretty much, -2 which is normal classes, and -1 which is like higher end classes that are more for universitys and stuff)

Cool, earn your sled hamster. That will most likely help your mom understand that you indeed are mature enough to handle the responsibility of riding safely. Keep yor grades up too. :)

Don't drink or have sex either..... I'm just saying that as a general rule, not just to help you get a sled! :)

MOMMA

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't drink or have sex either..... I'm just saying that as a general rule, not just to help you get a sled! :)

MOMMA[/QUOTE]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

MOMMA

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

If you follow these instructions...you will soon look like this. Owning a sled won't make a difference :d

Attachments

• nerd.jpg
    nerd.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 211

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. ok i went to martins motorsports and i really liked those renegades. i talked to my dad and he might end up giving me the sled he bought for me to drive when i goto sasketchewan. its a 2004 MXz james bond edition. and if that doesnt happen i think ill get a used renegade or summit and if im really lucky a brand new renegade!! i talked to my mom about what it means to me and chillin with my friends who snowmobile, who are all responsible and good role models. she bought it, so it might be a great christmas this year after all! thanks for all the input guys:cool::d

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAH "all responsible and good role models. she bought it,"

that is the best thing I've ever heard that didn't come out of my own
mouth...sound exactly like I did around that age

Except there was no way in HELL that my parents would of bought me a sled. I had to beg them to let me spend my own money on an '81 Polaris Galaxy 440 that had more silicone on the hood holding it together than actual hood was left. Cost me my whole life savings of $650 and Dad snuck the last $100 by Mom...but I think that 1oo cash cost me about 500 worth of manual labor in the end.

Top Bottom