Sled decks on short box trucks in bc. Golden in particular

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People wear Beacons to stay safe. They buy Avy Packs to stay safe. They carry probes and shovels to be safe. Why not obey the laws of the road that are in place to keep everyone safe. You can't get mad if you get a ticket for breaking the law.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and we wonder why people ride out of bounds in the mountains when they complain about traffic rules like they say the rules were put there for everyone else not them

inside

Reaction score
You could get 2 beacon's for your truck, one for the furthest point back, a permit, turn them on and truck on. That is one way to get around it.

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
Don't the cops in this province have anything better to do than drive around with tape measures and measure peoples vehicles like come on if it has proper lights and is strapped down good enough what are they worrying about

I have been pulled over by one of the new sherif's in alberta an got a warning as well. They say 4' from the tail light a flag/reflector for daytime or a red light at night as well. It has been the law for hauling lumber or anything for ever that i can remember.:beer:

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If anyone needs flashing lights to clip to the back of their sled I've got a tonne of those little flashing jagermeister lights you see chubby girls handing out at bars.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Next time tell them (RCMP) you forgot to re-start the sled after stopping. Hop up and start both sleds......

Tail lights will illuminate on sleds...

Voila! Instant Red tail lights times two. That will get you through to revy.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nah its illegal to have ur sled running on the back of a truck while its moving. but wat if a guy rigs up a quick disconnect for the sled tailight and hook a battery onto it for nite time and just use the reflector on the tailight for daytime? only works for the guys that have their sled tailights at the end of the tunnel. wouldnt it work?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on the simple fact that this expereince has created 4 pages (and I am sure more to come) of discussion, means this cops attempt at educating sledders of the law has actually worked!

I'm sure it would have been less effective had he given you a ticket.

Just sayin'

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but you already have marker lights wired up for the sled deck Why not just make a quick connect light to plug into this system. My fear of battery opporated devices is in the cold weather the battery will not last long enough

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, a bike light is what i'll be throwing into my truck for those times when i get close to the limit.

Batteries should be fine, they are all LED lights so they no power at all to run.

You can get them at Crappy Tire, or from Mountain Equipment Co-op. Shouldn't be anymore than $10.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just measured mine and with a 153 on the deck it was 46" from the truck tail lite to the rear grab bar, a little close so may want to invest in the bicycle light???

Flange99

Reaction score
I just measured mine and with a 153 on the deck it was 46" from the truck tail lite to the rear grab bar, a little close so may want to invest in the bicycle light???

Far as I know you're legal. Gotta be within 4' of the vehicle taillights.

Flange99

Reaction score
I put together a couple of LED lights that I can bunjie to the track or rails and plug in to my deck lights. LED lights were $11 dollars each. Had everything else kickin around the garage.
P1310529.jpg
P1310526.jpg

I use an LED bicycle light when I'm on someone else's deck and I'm over 4' from the taillights.
PC270431.jpg

srxdude

Reaction score
You guys have very little to complain about. A commercial driver a little bit out of whack is gone through with a fine tooth comb. Have heard of fines in the thousands. They are made to be more legal and safe than any vehicle on the road today. Also a lot of them get away with a lot of things wrong also. But when they get caught they pay big time. Just a note on how we have been getting away with a lot more than them for a lot longer.

Top Bottom