Sled decks on short box trucks in bc. Golden in particular

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you need to carry a bunch of exta fuses?? What else???

You need roadside flares, fire extinguisher, and I can't remember what all else. During my walk to the Husky, my mind was occupied with plotting the mermaids untimely death.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just tell you what the math was.....what my paper work said....and what DOT did in a stop! legal or not I DID NOT get a ticket! I do have a 3/4 ton now with the box removed and a custom Alum deck built on the back....I know that I will not beable to haul as much as my LAST truck.....but I will work on the math next month! to busy building before the snow comes right now!

overkill131313
Ya should post some pics of your deck......I was thinking of doing the same thing on my truck just would like to see what it would look like.:)

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
overkill131313
Ya should post some pics of your deck......I was thinking of doing the same thing on my truck just would like to see what it would look like.:)

will take some pics and send them to you! the deck is 7 feet long and goes from 6 feet to 8 feet in width with a pull of a pin. I want to polish it but just dont have the time right now! all LED lights and ramp goes in the back between frame rails. Im going to build a headack rack so I can mount some back up lights...

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will take some pics and send them to you! the deck is 7 feet long and goes from 6 feet to 8 feet in width with a pull of a pin. I want to polish it but just dont have the time right now! all LED lights and ramp goes in the back between frame rails. Im going to build a headack rack so I can mount some back up lights...

I was thinking of some sort of lockable & slide type box as well for storage. How thick of aluminum did ya use.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need roadside flares, fire extinguisher, and I can't remember what all else. During my walk to the Husky, my mind was occupied with plotting the mermaids untimely death.
If it's commercial, you also need a first aid kit. At least in our big trucks we need that as well as flares and a fire extinguisher.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also wired lights with hooks that hang on the sleds rear bumper that are on whenever the deck lights are on,hook mounted under deck for wires and spot to hang the lights when not in use,i was told that they measure from the truck lights to end of sled for the deck is not part of the truck(rcmp said this),i'm not sure how it works with a trailer behind the truck.i usually pull a 2 place trailer behind truck and that should work for lights.i think golden is the worst for getting pulled over and checked,weight,registeration,plates,straps, lights etc.

Top Bottom