Sled Decks and 3/4 tons

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before in BC they care about the sticker on the door. Have a look at what your GVWR is and then go weigh your truck. The difference between what the door sticker says and what you weigh will give you how much your overall truck can weigh with cargo, fuel, people and anything else in or on the truck. I had a 2006 Dodge 2500 with a GVW of 8800 and with two xp 154's and 1/2 a tank of diesel and an aluminum sled deck I was over weight by 300 lbs, and that was before gear, full tank of fuel and the sleds were empty so error on the safe side and weigh in before coming to BC to make sure you are under weight.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
As mentioned before in BC they care about the sticker on the door. Have a look at what your GVWR is and then go weigh your truck. The difference between what the door sticker says and what you weigh will give you how much your overall truck can weigh with cargo, fuel, people and anything else in or on the truck. I had a 2006 Dodge 2500 with a GVW of 8800 and with two xp 154's and 1/2 a tank of diesel and an aluminum sled deck I was over weight by 300 lbs, and that was before gear, full tank of fuel and the sleds were empty so error on the safe side and weigh in before coming to BC to make sure you are under weight.

My duramax was the same - over weight with deck, two sleds, fuel and Peeps.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a 2500 with a diesel way a few hundred pounds more than a gasser. Not saying just asking. If so that at least frees up some weight.

I had weighed my 03 chev at 6100lbs a couple months ago at the acheson scale. So I figure
8600 gvw -
6100 truck
400 deck (marathon 7')
1200 sleds (2 154 xps)
250 gear
500 passengers
150 lbs left over (not a lot I know)

still have a little room. I am thinking (hoping) that I have over estimated a little on the sleds, possibly the deck and passengers. Has anyone actually weighed a stock xp full of fuel.

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you figure that is your curb weight with no one sitting in the truck though? Pretty hard to drive with the driver..... ;) take 400 lbs off for driver and passenger and you are left with 1900 lbs payload for 2 sleds, gear etc.

I was wondering how polcat came up with a curd weight of 5142lb for his 3/4 ton truck? When i weighted mine at 6300lb at the scale in Red Deer. 410 gears 9200lb 373 gears 8600lb.:beer:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '10 Superduty has a GVW of 10800 pounds, and I still got flashed on the highway. I think I am gonna put the airbags in for the squat factor. Other than that, it rides fine.
Blaine, I would see how it feels on the turns, and go from there.
If you want me to look at any decks, lemme know bud.

A little courtesy goes a long way with the RCMP.... Just remember that.;)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neihbour puts an rx1 and a sx viper on the back of a toyota t-100 extended cab short box , and pulls a trailer with 2 more sx vipers on it . He tells every one he is legal because he has air bags in it . so your duramax should be ok with a deck and 2 sleds .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just because u have air bags dosnt make your ford a kenworth just saying :d

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cuso.
I picked one up a month ago.
7' Marathon with super clamps. So far it has been great but I am realizing how much I used the box of my truck. Sure is alot better than having to fight with a trailer and where to store it. A couple picks.

Attachments

• Deck 1.jpg
    Deck 1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Deck 2.jpg
    Deck 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 112

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever phone the B.C. RCMP and asked what they are looking for as a pass? and possibly getting a faxed signed sheet and scan it on here and sticky it?????

like over hang cannot exceed 12" with out rear lights or flags.
total weight of sleds and deck cannot exceed 80% of GVWR of vehicle or tires.

And so on, so you can check yours and write down your specs and keep it in your truck for if you get pulled over.

Its a long shot but it would help everyone out.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever phone the B.C. RCMP and asked what they are looking for as a pass? and possibly getting a faxed signed sheet and scan it on here and sticky it?????

like over hang cannot exceed 12" with out rear lights or flags.
total weight of sleds and deck cannot exceed 80% of GVWR of vehicle or tires.

And so on, so you can check yours and write down your specs and keep it in your truck for if you get pulled over.

Its a long shot but it would help everyone out.

Lets not get into overhang without lights... there is a thread that already beats that one to death....:rolleyes:

Good stuff Blaine! You will LOVE the deck, especially in the springtime.

Top Bottom