Sled Deck which are good which are junk?

tpollon2

Reaction score
A Marlon deck is pretty good for off-shore made. The best 3 decks in my opinion are Superdeck(Bulldog), MLine, and Cross-Trax. A telescoping ramp is real important in ease of use.

Sorry to thread jack, but anybody got opinions on deck extensions? We all ride 163s so i was thinking 7ft deck plus removable extension, but if XDecks are junk, not much else in the lower price range seems to have the extension option (Denali, Marlon). Any other suggestions?

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 3 year old Marathon Truck Boss Deck for $2900, it came with super glides, telescopic ramp, two support legs, two superclamps(1 year old) and an extension. I have a few complaints, installation is a pain in the ass but I'm sure thats all part of it and it's only twice a year. Also the extension is finicky and not nearly as convenient as the flip ones. I don't know if I would trust the extension to support my side by side, which doesn't really bother me because I have a fifth wheel and use a trailer to haul it. Overall though, the price was right, they were "the deck" quite a few years back, I like the look of it, I'm not a fan of the traditional look of Jetcraft, STF, Crosstrax, etc.. I don't mind the look of M-Line but my buddy spent 11,000 on his deck and he said they are starting at $6,000. I'd rather spend around 2000-3000 for a deck and buy an extra sled for 8000-9000 to take friends or clients out riding.

Attachments

• SledDeck.jpg
    SledDeck.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 315

dodgeram18

Reaction score
I just purchased a denali deck, and it seems sturdy enough for being aluminum built but like mentioned around the web the wiring is cheap and i already had to tinker with my drivers side deck lights. they would work fine at night when i locked up my truck. truck didn't move. unlock in the morning and lights only half lit up. wtf. i guess i cant complain $1700 all in for a deck i can rewire it right myself in the spring. all i need are superglides and i wouldn't mind a superclamp. if your on a budget the denali deck will do but its not the best out there thats for sure.

SRT

Reaction score
Near the start of this thread I posted a pic of my pickup with a Denali 8' deck. It survived a trip to Alaska, but I wanted a deck that was a truck accessory... Something that looked good on the truck as it was gonna be on the pickup all year round. So I sold it and bought a FLM deck

Sent from missing plane.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flm is a nice deck but the legs puzzle me that they used round tubing, and didn't use a three leg design for support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flm is a nice deck but the legs puzzle me that they used round tubing, and didn't use a three leg design for support.

When I talked to them , he said their deck is actually rated to 4500lbs with the current leg design. I had them redesign the rear leg so I could slide a full size spare underneath. They also designed the legs so you don't have as much weight sitting on one or two legs in your box, it's more distributed. Less warping/wear issues where you legs are. Guess you could also just run a pad or wood underneath too.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to be able to slide my gear under my deck. That back leg looks like a PITA, and I hope it lands on a x member.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to be able to slide my gear under my deck. That back leg looks like a PITA, and I hope it lands on a x member.

It's not a big deal. He will change the rear leg design to the style you prefer.

Flyer

Reaction score
Point of reference. I installed an 8' Marathon Truckboss. Weighed the truck before and after. It appears that it added 660 lb. This is a lot! A friend has a Cross Trax deck that he estimates weighs half this much. No wonder they don't advertise the weight in their specs!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a big deal. He will change the rear leg design to the style you prefer.

Yep you right, I got a chance to talk to the FL guy at my dealer, sky is the limit on a custom build. I just don't like the deck extension.

Top Bottom