Sled Deck which are good which are junk?

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had an XDeck, Marathon, and just recently purchased a brand new CrossTrax. They all seemed to be built well. The XDeck trifold ramp was a pain in the ass for a single person to set up, but seemed stronger for quads. Loved the Marathon other the the 2 front leg build, which made it a pain in the ass getting it in and out of the truck. As for the CrossTrax, its awesome, the only thing that drives me nuts is the pin together ramp. I wish they had a telescopic design!!

chin dog

Reaction score
Don't deal with Innovative Dark Room Design,he screwed me for 1000.00 since Christmas and now won't even answer my calls or texts.saw an ad on kijiji and thought I would give them a chanc to build me a deck,heard of more guys having problems dealing with this @sshole.Just a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRT

Reaction score
I've been doing some research on decks. My next deck is definitely gonna be an M-Line deck. I like the customization factor and it sits low to bed rails on stands that don't take up space in the box. Compared to a mass produced Truck Boss deck the price is good too. Made in Alberta

Sent from missing plane.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a few the past couple years. Had a pre- Truck boss Marathon with e extension. Hated it. Wasn't strong at all. Swayed back and forth in the box and was cracking. When loading sleds with the extension on it looked like the extension was going to snap clean off. Replaced that with a Cross-trax with extension. That was a solid deck. Not a single complaint with that deck. Bought a long box truck so I needed a longer deck. Would of gotten a Cross-trax again but I was in a hurry and there was no 8ft ones in stock locally so I went with an X-deck. Was a very good deck for the price. Only had it for one winter but it held up well. Wasn't a fan of the ramp at all but was my only complaint. Ended up selling that truck and bought my current one and had M-Line build me one. I would of went CT again but M-Line customized my deck how I wanted it. It was pricey but this is the nicest deck I've seen. The craftsmanship is second to none. Super strong, fits the truck perfect and looks great. Definitely recommend you talk to Marc at M-Line if you want a solid deck

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old thread but I'll throw in my two cents. Had an X Deck for 2 years. 7 footer with an extension. I initially thought it was a hell of a deck for the price.

Two years later and not a lot of use and the one side would barely open and close anymore, the wiring needed repairs, and a bunch of broken welds.

The ramp is heavy duty but is a complete PITA. It's a fold in half ramp, not telescopic. I didn't mind it at first but it sucks after using other ramps.

Anyways lesson learned, Full Lotus will be getting my money next time.

SRT

Reaction score
I said earlier in this thread I was gonna get an M-Line. I ended up buying a Full Lotus deck.. And couldn't be happier.

Sent from missing plane.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said earlier in this thread I was gonna get an M-Line. I ended up buying a Full Lotus deck.. And couldn't be happier.

Sent from missing plane.

That's awesome. Myself and the woman toured his shop the other weekend. I didn't realize they do custom metal work there as well as sled decks. Super nice guys in the shop too.

floogan

Reaction score
X decks are junk ,
welds breaking all the time
plywood cracked and broken after 1 year
theres a reason they are that price
made in china so what would you expect

SRT

Reaction score
That's awesome. Myself and the woman toured his shop the other weekend. I didn't realize they do custom metal work there as well as sled decks. Super nice guys in the shop too.

I couldn't agree more:) really nice guys. Forest told me when I come back that way he would take me up sledding in some cool areas. I can't wait.

Sent from missing plane.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats funny the woman. You mean the Boss right? I agree, after doing lots of research and seeing the truck boss,cross traxs,and x decks in real world conditions, I went with a Superdeck by bulldog decsk. It was a bit pricey, but gonna keep for a long time. I would have bought a full lotus but they were just too far to get one. Ramps are easy to use for 1, extensions easy to move and built very solid.

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but anybody got opinions on deck extensions? We all ride 163s so i was thinking 7ft deck plus removable extension, but if XDecks are junk, not much else in the lower price range seems to have the extension option (Denali, Marlon). Any other suggestions?

SRT

Reaction score
Sorry to thread jack, but anybody got opinions on deck extensions? We all ride 163s so i was thinking 7ft deck plus removable extension, but if XDecks are junk, not much else in the lower price range seems to have the extension option (Denali, Marlon). Any other suggestions?

I'm sure FLM can build an extension for any deck. They are in Vernon B.C.

Sent from missing plane.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Call Marc at M-Line. I'm sure he can set you up

Reactions: SRT

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross trax decks are built in Alberta. Lacombe I think. 2400 for the 7 foot deck no need to worry about thin aluminum and cracked welds or cheap wiring.

Recreational power sports sells them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

Call cross -Trax

firejp

Reaction score
funny ! we re both from fort mc, I have the same set up ram with 8'' lift on 37's 10' ramp and i had same problem lol ! that piece that you're talking about went straight through my ski while going up the ramp , I'm thinking of cutting them on a 45 deg angle and of course knock them down !

firejp

Reaction score
Don't deal with Innovative Dark Room Design,he screwed me for 1000.00 since Christmas and now won't even answer my calls or texts.saw an ad on kijiji and thought I would give them a chanc to build me a deck,heard of more guys having problems dealing with this @sshole.Just a warning.
welcome in the club buddy , francis mcphee took $1000 from me as well

firejp

Reaction score
Is have to agree. I have a 8" lift in my truck rolling on 37's and with the 10' ramp it's pretty good for loading all considering the height. I was about $3750.00 , powder coated black all the options and install, except for the checker plate top and rear hooks. You get your front super clamps in the cost and also had LED under deck lighting in the box.
Only small issue I had was the aluminum trim that holds the super glides in place and all that took was flattening out the corners so nothing would hook the edge on the way up or down.

Sent from my iPhone using

funny ! we re both from fort mc, I have the same set up ram with 8'' lift on 37's 10' ramp and i had same problem lol ! that piece that you're talking about went straight through my ski while going up the ramp , I'm thinking of cutting them on a 45 deg angle and of course knock them down !

Top Bottom