Sled deck redo

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought I'd throw out a few pics of my deck I bought used awhile back. Made up some light boxes for the new mini LEDS, mounted a winch, installed slide guides, capped the edges of the plywood with aluminum, polished it and am finishing up wiring. Lots of work but looking pretty good so far. I'll post a before and after when I am finished. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMGP0393.jpg
    IMGP0393.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMGP0376.jpg
    IMGP0376.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMGP0378.jpg
    IMGP0378.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMGP0399.jpg
    IMGP0399.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 290
  • IMGP0397.jpg
    IMGP0397.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 289

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice job ray i love them little led lights i have the same ones on my jet boat trailer looks killer :d

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Colin....don't know if I want to polish anything for awhile....I was as black as the tires on my truck by the time I was done....I think I will leave it to Boydo...he earns his buck three ninety five doin that stuff! Yeah I really like the look of the minis as well. Should look pretty sharp once I get'er all done. Take care ...thanks Colin...

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice job, could you post some pics of how you mounted the winch? I'm doing the same in case I have to get a dead sled back on the deck by myself (work thing) and was designing a removable tounge system so the winch isnt on the deck all the time in the weather.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10-4 can do that for ya but won't be until maybe Thursday...on the road to Calgary in about 10 minutes. I thought of the same thing but am going to build an aluminum cover for it to keep it out of the elements. So when you want to use it the cover would either flip out of the way or remove it with thumb knobs. Rather do that than have my winch bouncing around in the truck but I guess you could have a case for it. Gonna have everything on quick plugs so putting the deck in and out of the truck is all "plug an play" basically.

Last edited:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally makes sense, I just thought why have it on the deck all the time if I'm only using it for recovery or to winch a motorcycle up and down. I have a weather tight box full of tie downs and chain, locks etc that sits under the deck at all times so I could put it in there.

mxracer328

Reaction score
where did you get those lights, i looked everywhere for something like that, but ended up settling.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you get those lights, i looked everywhere for something like that, but ended up settling.

picked them up in Edmonton at Gregg Distributors. Forgot to buy the pigtails so gotta get them as I want to be able to change out a led if needed and not have to solder and reshrink tube everything again. NAPA also sells them. They are a Truck-lite brand and they are called the mini series if memory serves me right. $14.00 for Red and just under $16.00 for the amber ones and they come with the grommets for mounting....

Top Bottom