Sled deck on a 2500 max payload??

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I could get a diesel I would but the fumes make my wife sick, as it is I have to buy used vehicles just so they don't have the "new car smell" .Oh well at least we can quad in the great outdoors

avalanche

Reaction score
Lol...Just like bashing the Chevy's...Makes me feel better about driving a dodge.

HAHA I used to drive a chevy but wanted to upgrade to brand new..... and in a diesel dodge is the only was to go.... unless you like UREA BOO!! the new cummins highoutput is very very nice :cool:

avalanche

Reaction score
I just think its funny I'm nervous about that kinda weight on my 2500 when you see... "people" putting decks on 1500 thats NUTS :rolleyes: few guys at work are telling me I'm over thinking things that a few hundred pounds over weight is nothing that a lot of people dont even take the time to go to the scales and weight themselves..... but I would like to try and stay legal,

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were did you get those numbers?
probably a gasser with only a single cab and 2wd. when i bought my truck i noticed really quickly how much you lose with the super crew cab and 4x4, 2 sleds on a deck can be made legal easy on a regular cab 1/2 ton not so easy on a super crew 1/2 ton. lol
and fyi gas to a diesel, i know with the f150 gas supercrew compared to the dodge 2500 h/d mega cab the difference is 1800lbs. which actually allows the f150 to have a higher tare weight of about 200lbs on the gvcw.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad hit the wrong one This is for the Longbox extended cab. The first one was for the regular cab. Sorry.Width: 79.7 in.
Height: 76.2 in.
Length: 246.6 in.
Ground clearance: 9.1 in.
Front track: 68.6 in.
Rear track: 66 in.
Wheel base: 157.5 in.
  • Maximum towing capacity: 12000 lbs.
  • Maximum payload: 3639 lbs.
  • Gross weight: 9200 lbs.
  • Curb weight: 5561 lbs.
  • These are the specs

Keep in mind, that curb weight is the absolute base weight of the truck. It does not account for any options added by the manufacturer. If for example you had power seats, that is not included. They say its the weight with fuel, but I don't believe it. 4x4 is an option as well.

Have you ever weighed your truck? I bet its over 6000lbs. My extended cab short box chevy with just me in it, empty, not a thing in it otherwise was over 6000.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad hit the wrong one This is for the Longbox extended cab. The first one was for the regular cab. Sorry.Width: 79.7 in.
Height: 76.2 in.
Length: 246.6 in.
Ground clearance: 9.1 in.
Front track: 68.6 in.
Rear track: 66 in.
Wheel base: 157.5 in.
  • Maximum towing capacity: 12000 lbs.
  • Maximum payload: 3639 lbs.
  • Gross weight: 9200 lbs.
  • Curb weight: 5561 lbs.
  • These are the specs

fyi, never seen a truck with the curb weight, maybe ya should check your actual curb weight at the scale, i'm bettin your way above 5561. also maybe check your axle rating first as that is what the traffic enforcemwnt checks, and yes add up your axle ratings, voila they are less than 5561, axle ratings are the numbers used.
hopefully your not sittin at the side of the road unloading hehe seems like you listen to to many salesmen and absorb there BS.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might just be ok, went to the scales, with me and the wife in the truck we were 7680lbs my gvwr is 9600lbs which leaves me with 1920 for deck , atvs, gear. if i can keep the gear to 200lbs we will be right at max :s put in some air bags, and im ok with being 50 to 100lbs over payload I cant see that being a problem, but i should be able to keep it under, but no trailer allowed, oh well. I'm going to start looking into the lightest possible seld deck and with any luck my atvs will be a little less in weight them im estimating. I was looking at the truck boss deck simply because it looks the best to have on the truck all the time, as i will nto be removing whatever I put on. However lick most people am unsure about all the weight being on the box sides with no support to the box floor :s.

I am pretty sure the GVWR on a 2500 dodge is only 8800 lbs but I could be mistaken but I know that was the GVWR on my 2006 2500 cummins. Sorry my bad, just read that yours in a 2011, they increase GVWR in 2010 on the 2500. I went with a 2010 2500 hemi this time around to make sure I am under weight. The hemi is about 1000 lbs lighter than the diesel. Diesel to gas makes a big difference in the weight of the truck.

Not to keep beating a dead horse here too but keep in mind snow build up. I would not worry about a couple of hundred pounds but who knows what the cops will be like in BC. Technically they could make you drop a sled right on the spot to be under weight if they really wanted to.

Last edited:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2003 chev crew short box gasser 4x4 comes in at 6100lbs fueled up at the acheson scale. GVWR is 8600lbs. Published curb weight was at the 5600-5700lb mark. Weighed with a deck, 09 800 summit, 10 rmk 800, 2 guys and gear, tools etc came in at the 8400lb mark. Under but getting close.

Top Bottom