2020 chevy 2500 sled deck lights

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, out of all the things that need logic and modules to control I don't think trailer lights should be one of them.
I've had a few deck owners too with light not working

Why did they have to add the active trailer bull chit lol

Just stupid

Same as this vip crap, had a 21 Tahoe all fawked up after a ebcm recall reprogram ffs, pulls my hair out lol

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and what's with the manufactures putting 3 inch receivers on there trucks makes no sense and then don't give the sleeves for a 2 inch they have a bunch of engineers with their heads up their ass

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and what's with the manufactures putting 3 inch receivers on there trucks makes no sense and then don't give the sleeves for a 2 inch they have a bunch of engineers with their heads up their ass
2.5 ya mean

It hauls more weight, and trucks come with the adapter to 2 inch at pdi time, so dealer is holding them or something

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make the 2.5 now we have new trucks coming in with 3 if you can bend a solid 2 inch without bending the frame i call bs

bk720

Reaction score
update, drinking whiskey is about the only progress i have made with this truck lol.

I've wired in a resistor, tried the curt adapter for LED lights, wired in 4 incandescent 2.5 inch marker lights in series with the other lights, wired in a 6 OHM resister lol.. I have check my amperage draw and have seen as much as 3 amps. From other responses on this forum, the truck needs to see 55ma draw. So in theory everything I've done should work but not the case.
If anyone has got a deck to light up on a 2020 chev or GM, please chime in.

My last resort is to into splice into my taillights to take power but I'm worried that may cause the body control module to act up..

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update, drinking whiskey is about the only progress i have made with this truck lol.

I've wired in a resistor, tried the curt adapter for LED lights, wired in 4 incandescent 2.5 inch marker lights in series with the other lights, wired in a 6 OHM resister lol.. I have check my amperage draw and have seen as much as 3 amps. From other responses on this forum, the truck needs to see 55ma draw. So in theory everything I've done should work but not the case.

My last resort is to into splice into my taillights to take power but I'm worried that may cause the body control module to act up..

Whiskey is a good start. Are you wiring in the resistor/bubs into the brake/turn lamp? or park?

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe others have wired into the taillight harness without issue but don't quote me on that

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up splicing into my tail lights, zero issues, works perfect, 2020 High Country

bk720

Reaction score
well I guess that's the route I will have to go.

Thanks Captain Extreme! Same truck I got :beer:

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2020 Silverado 2500

spliced into running lights on rear drivers side brake light.
so far so good. Worked on my last truck well enough.

Annacassandra

Reaction score
Anyone notice their lights on their deck flickering when the truck is off? I have a 2019 GMC 1500 (don't call the half-ton-sled-deck-police on me I only use it to haul one sled). I have a Marlon that has a 4-pin plug and plugged into a converter to 7 pin to keep the truck from thinking the tail lights are burnt out so I don't get any codes anymore except it does turn off all my back up alarms because it thinks there's a trailer back there but I do notice the lights flicker randomly when it's parked in the driveway.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice their lights on their deck flickering when the truck is off? I have a 2019 GMC 1500 (don't call the half-ton-sled-deck-police on me I only use it to haul one sled). I have a Marlon that has a 4-pin plug and plugged into a converter to 7 pin to keep the truck from thinking the tail lights are burnt out so I don't get any codes anymore except it does turn off all my back up alarms because it thinks there's a trailer back there but I do notice the lights flicker randomly when it's parked in the driveway.

It's part of the anti-theft system. It sends power through the trailer lighting circuit to make sure the trailer is still there and LED lights take so little amperage to run that they'll flash when it does. Incandescent bulbs won't.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its 2020, you would think a manufacturer would of figured this out already, I dont think it would matter if it was a sled deck or a trailer, thats a 2005 problem.

Annacassandra

Reaction score
It's part of the anti-theft system. It sends power through the trailer lighting circuit to make sure the trailer is still there and LED lights take so little amperage to run that they'll flash when it does. Incandescent bulbs won't.

Good to know thanks :)

Top Bottom