Skis

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 2006 mxzx 800 136 1 3/4 16 wide track.I ride mostly locally now [kids]the 4or5 times i have had it to the mountains,it works really well for what it is.The only thing I hate is the skis,It has the dual carbides,any suggestions on replacements.I have thought about removing the outside carbide,Ihave also gone from lots to minimal weight on the skis they just seem to aggressive.I would like to keep the skis fairly light weight,as I also drag race.Any suggestions.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the limiter strap and or the suspension,this can make the world of differance!
catmando!
May save you some money!

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catmando's right about the limiter strap 'renegade x', it's like a toy itself with the differences it can make. As far as new skis goes, the sky's the limit in terms of style and price....sled-show's coming soon!!!!:cool:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
On my 98 summit I could take the ski weight from "really heavy steering" to "touch the throttle and the skis are off the ground" just but adjusting the limiter strap. That is where I would spend some time. Then if that doesn't help try removing one carbide.
The Cat Man is correct.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks,I have played with my limiter plenty,also my shock preload and on the x models you can also adjust the dampening forces of the front and rear shock of the rear suspension. I have been through all of that. I really think the skis are just to aggresive,and am looking for suggestions on a lightweight replacement.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mods Skis Are A Lot More "forgiving" And They Are Great Powder Skiis(awesome Floatation)..... I Think Summit889 Deals With Mods Skiis, Now! Simmons Are Always A Safe Bet Too(but Kinda Pricey).;)

Top Bottom