Skinz Air Frames

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at B&M Fab boards? Their cheaper and the tubes are thicker, hence beefier. Xcelerated Performance can ship them anywhere and he's out of Sask.

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have B&M boards for the Pro and XP in stock. we can ship anywhere the bus or purolator goes. call for pricing 1-306-297-3553

david

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tubes are not thicker. We can't argue the cheaper part but remember you get what you pay for.

Jan

I do stand correct, I didnt really know how thick the skins tubes are, I had to cut and weld the b&m ones so thats how I know how thick they are.

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tubes are not thicker. We can't argue the cheaper part but remember you get what you pay for.

Jan

Have you looked at a set of B&M boards? They are thicker and just as good of quality. Why would you'll knock something you have no first hand experience with. You do get what you pay for, we just aren't over charging people for our product!

David

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Board fight... pun intended.

So it is really easy to settle this:

How thick is the tubing on skinz boards?
How thick is the tubing on B&M boards?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Board fight... pun intended.

So it is really easy to settle this:

How thick is the tubing on skinz boards?
How thick is the tubing on B&M boards?

And one more question. If the Skinz boards are thinner (therefore lighter), have there been any durability issues with them ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Riders in our group have installed and used several sets of Skinz boards(at least 1/2 dozen) over the last 3 seasons and fit was perfect, strength is excellent and not one issue as far as durability. Cant speak to the quality of any others because I have no experience with them.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
This thread is not about "boards wars" or any such thing but rather an opportunity for me to highlight the reasons why we feel Skinz Airframe Running Boards are the premier running boards on the market. It's all the little "hidden" things that are perhaps not seen by the naked eye. It's the attention to detail that sets Skinz apart from other manufacturer's such as proper preparation for powder coating. As an example we have had a deck on our truck for the past 3 years that is powder coated our deck is used maybe 3 times a year and the powder coating is already chipping and flaking off because the surface was not properly prepared. We have had a set of boards on our M-Series sled for the past 4 years that is powder coated that sled has been ridden a lot, taken to shows and jumped on by many many people at the shows and they still look new because proper preparation went into powder coating.

The cross members on the boards are not just spot welded into place but actually set into the side extrusions before they are welded into place for added strength. The rivets they provide you don't need to have washers added to the back because they are a high quality rivet. Your kit will include instructions, rivets, bolts, drill bits, tractions screws everything you need to complete your installation. We are always available to help with any questions you may have about your installation. We generally answer the phone 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm.

Part of what we do is bring in other manufacturers products and try them out before we decide which companies to represent. We don't want to be representing junk because we honestly don't want to be dealing with the headache of warranty issues. We often times take apart other manufacturers products to see how it's made so when we do speak to a product we know what we are talking about. All of this testing costs money but guess what it's the price of doing business. Everything we sell we ride with and have first-hand experience with. That's part of our deal, we rode with a K-Mod suspension in one of our personal sleds for a whole year in real life applications before we ever decided to represent K-Mod.

We know exactly how the Skinz boards are made we have been down to Paynesville to their shop to see it all. We have seen them taken apart we know the grade of metal used and the thickness of the tubing but I am not going to broadcast on these forums because there are enough knock-off boards floating around as it is.

Again, you do get what you pay for.

Jan

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE my skinz boards. Im 250 and beat my sled like a rented mule and they are still straight as an arrow. If they are made from lighter material than the others......it is still way overbuilt. Fit and finish is perfect. I have no experience with B and M boards. Just from the looks of them, I dont like the angled cross members or the fact that the rear mount doesnt wrap over and attach to the top of the tunnel like the skinz do. Looks like the skinz boards maybe go up a bit further on the front end on the outside too which I like.

bourgon

Reaction score
I have the skins on my nitro and I am 330 on a good day and I ride the piss out of my sled not an problem and they don't flex at all with me jumping on them. E and s in fort Saskatchewan gets them from time to time for Yamaha! Love my skinz will n
ever have any thing else!

turbo esky

Reaction score
These B&M boards are really good, the powder coating hasn't chipped, even with all the screws installed, there wasnt one place on any of the boards that was missing any sort of welds and they fit great on my sled. No need for bashing, there is such a thing as having more than one reputable manufacturer.

Top Bottom