skidoo 2016

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I don't even have a "huge" problem with you running a MMS wrap, but why are they all exactly the same? Like no color choices or anything? How many MMS/JD sleds are out there? Definitely not as many as black or yellow, but why not some variations?

And what do you get paid to do their advertising for them?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hehehe, they sure got there name out there if everyone is noticing them... Jus sayin "....... I like mine, cuz it looks like a lizard wrap on the black sled... Rest are yellow sled with the wrap (mine looks best) ;) lol
I believe every year is a different Color/pattern wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even have a "huge" problem with you running a MMS wrap, but why are they all exactly the same? Like no color choices or anything? How many MMS/JD sleds are out there? Definitely not as many as black or yellow, but why not some variations?

Having a wrap from an S&M supporting vendor instantly increases your cool factor 270%

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea looks so much better in black with that mms wrap

VanceM

Pfft boring sorry Ric LOL

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425396103.733153.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a wrap from an S&M supporting vendor instantly increases your cool factor 270%

Congratulations you have no one supporting you in this extremely expensive sport. If I could actually afford to buy new sleds every year and design my own custom wrap and throw 2000$ worth of shocks on it all on my own maybe i would be 270% cooler and wealthy and call myself Joshua

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Not everybody has to do things for money too you know... someone people do things.... because they have friends and try to help them out when they can...works both ways. Hopefully thats not too big of a stretch for snow and mud. Name me a company that advertisings using a bunch of vechilces.... that all look different? Im proud to have it myself!
There is 7 of them. Its just something we all decided to do together... To make them stand out... Same as any other brand every year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not everybody has to do things for money you know... someone people do things.... because they have friends and try to help them out when they can. Hopefully thats not too big of a stretch for snow and mud. Name me a company that advertisings using a bunch of vechilces.... that all look different? Im proud to have it myself!
There is 7 of them. Its just something we all decided to do together... To make them stand out... Same as any other brand every year.
Say what you want these wraps are nicer looking than 90% of the wraps over in the show off your XM thread.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
A true spring order would be really cool. Something that has no way of being purchased on the floor.

Actually we were thinking of doing something SUPER original... and changing the color of the X.
And im not sure where you buy skiddles... but maybe a few more wipes after you are finsihed.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A true spring order would be really cool. Something that has no way of being purchased on the floor.

Thats how the T3 was supposed to be last year! And the sleds that couldn't be purchased by the people that spring ordered them were SUPPOSED to come with a one year warranty... from ski-doo's mouth. Unfortunatley there were some dealers that did things under the table... at an expense to the customer.. and imporperly warranty registed them to other names. Its more of a pain to the customer than anything.. they are going to have problems having a sled registered to someone else (even theough they had no idea that happened)... And it RUINS it for everyone that stepped up to the plate in spring!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are 3 color variations of the wrap. Just like most years. There is 2 people at the west end location with yellow and one with red. There is myself and Curtis Pawliuk on yellow the "Valemount" guys. And then Trent at south side location also on yellow. Logan Jeck from mcbride BC also on yellow ( unreal rider). This year there are many more machines out there with these wraps than usual. A machine was raffled off for white court snowmobile invasion which had the wrap on it in a different color variation. Also Rick and Ron from Snowandmud running the black versions. As far as variations go it's just what we chose. Myself and many of the others knew as soon as the yellow came out last year that was the sled we wanted regardless of the new wrap design. Once we saw the design in November I thought it looked awesome and never even suggested a color variation. Obviously the others felt the same as they had the power to adjust the color as they chose. If it was up to me to design my own wrap and chose colors every season I would still my riding my 2001 zx because I can never make a decision. Sure there are a handful of sleds that look exactly the same but I think it looks pretty cool having a couple of them on the snow in the sunshine in the same spot. Not to mention it brings up a lot of good conversations at the cabin and I get to meet a lot of great people on the hill because they instantly recognize my machine whether they like the color or not. I like my sleds to look different and they provide me with that every season. Yes there is more than just mine but at least it's not just like the 50 black ones and 50 yellow ones on the hill it easily stands out. As far as what they pay me I don't really feel like I need to get into that because I am not on the payroll but what I will tell you is I would not be riding a brand new machine every season with brand new gear and brand new Shocks if it wasn't for their support. In return for them they receive feedback on products as myself and Curtis spend a TON of time in the hills with the exception of this season. Also social media with photos and videos and just plain good advertising having a sled out there every weekend with a couple guys that can really ride, follow the rules and are generally just good people and backcountry ambassadors. I am extatic to be able to receive what I do in return for what I have to offer because of I had to do it 100% on my own I would still be riding my miled out 2010 summit. My day job is good but not that good. Hope this helps. Cheers

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My personal feeling is it is great advertising for the company. Cheap exposure on the hill where billboards are not allowed. It shows to the masses that Martins rides the products and supports the industry. I also feel that the guys that are so twisted up about it are guys that will never buy from this store so where's the harm in running the wraps? Most dealerships run dealer identified wraps on demo's. If someone wanted to run a wrap promoting our store I would say right on! Like I said, its great advertising where no traditional advertising is allowed. Just my two cents...

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
My personal feeling is it is great advertising for the company. Cheap exposure on the hill where billboards are not allowed. It shows to the masses that Martins rides the products and supports the industry. I also feel that the guys that are so twisted up about it are guys that will never buy from this store so where's the harm in running the wraps? Most dealerships run dealer identified wraps on demo's. If someone wanted to run a wrap promoting our store I would say right on! Like I said, its great advertising where no traditional advertising is allowed. Just my two cents...

Careful... you will start hurting feelings. That is a slippery slope apperently.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
All great explanations guys. And hey, I don't really have a problem with it. Love busting your guys chops about it tho. I, personally wouldn't run a dealer advertising wrap unless, however, there were incentives like you've explained. In that case, absolutely!! I'd just prefer, that if I'm gonna run a wrap, that it looks completely different than 6 other ones. To each their own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom