Ski doo chain and gear recall

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ambassador's, as much as I like a couple of them personally, are paid salesmen, they tow the line or the cheque stops plain and simple!
I'd think you'll get the parts supplied from doo dealer installed by doo or no further warrenty! Can't see them giving any credits!
I'm more interested to se how they Handel the guys that blew up cases last year and denied those claims!

was anyone denied warranty on it? The ones i know that blew a chain case were well taken care of

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I don't think many people know how things behind the scenes change, were not paid to lie or deny anything, numbers are facts plain and simple and updates will come in many different forms to ensure there consumer confidence in the product, contact your local dealer with serial number for updates for your sled. Gonna be a great season, hope it is for everyone, cheers dave

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My chain and gears are being replaced Nov 12. Should I be upgrading my driveshaft? I do have the fix kit and may ask about getting that installed. What are best options.
i'd install the fix kit since you already have it--if the dealer will do that.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't convinced there was a problem outside the chain and gears. Has there there been any failure outside of the chains breaking? I get peps thinking the deflection in the bearing/shaft interface could be causing gear chain failure, but i think it was just not enough chain for the power. Guess we will see how this winter goes.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't convinced there was a problem outside the chain and gears. Has there there been any failure outside of the chains breaking? I get peps thinking the deflection in the bearing/shaft interface could be causing gear chain failure, but i think it was just not enough chain for the power. Guess we will see how this winter goes.
there are instances where the chain is fine but the lower sprocket has failed but to be objective that could be from the weaker sprocket and not any wobble.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, can anyone post pictures of the differences with the old chain and sprockets vs. the new recalled chain and sprockets? I'd love to understand this better (good friend of mine has a G5 FR Turbo). We were going to install the TKI Fix Kit, however just as he was bringing his sled to my place, he got the call to bring it in for the chain recall. So, with the upgrade, is the TKI fix kit required? I thought it was to remove slop and play in the quick remove coupling. Any more info or insight would be very helpful! Thank you in advance, everyone!

Top Bottom