Ski Doo 850 Primary Clutch Warranty

thiels2

Reaction score
Was riding on Sunday, towards the end of the day my primary clutch let go. Turns out the spanner wrench came out of the belt cover, from there it got sucked into the primary clutch while WOT and did a substantial amount of damage. It broke ramps, rollers, clickers and a few cast pieces on both front and back of primary, got the secondary and broke several pieces of plastic. Definitely learned my lesson and will not be storing clutch tools there anymore.

My sled still has 1 year of warranty left so I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen or knows of anyone that had this happen to? If so was it covered under warranty or not?

Attachments

• 9FE81030-7B4F-4A08-B51F-74262FD6B24C.jpeg
    9FE81030-7B4F-4A08-B51F-74262FD6B24C.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 456

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy had one let go with a MPI turbo on there - not sure about warranty - he's putting the polaris primary on now - first thing I did when I bought my xm was take the tools outta there and put in a nice tool carrier in the back of the seat

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see the argument that it felt out of the stock placement, on the clutch cover. But they'll probably say its your fault.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man thats a lot of damage, belt blown also , looks like more to story?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
belt probably blew after half the clutch came apart... that's a terrible spot Doo added to store tools. my '19 came from the dealer with the tools in a little bag in the glovebox, as this is a known issue back to the XP days.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The woops on some the trails are brutal - tools be a flying under there - my last trip to Renshaw my wastegate cap unthreaded itself and my vacuum line to wastegate broke off and a v-band clamp came off - I blame it all on the woops like every other sledder on the planet would not the 9lbs boost

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First thing I do with the tools is put them in the rear bag thanks to S/M advice. The moral of the story is always read the great info you find here it will save you time and money. There are some very smart people on this site.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P Drives don’t usually blow up. Back to the Cat clutch blowup thread ya scallywag! Lol

Not what I meant at all.
How would one really know when that secondary spreader tool came loose????????

Top Bottom