ski allignment

ski-doo

Reaction score
The left ski on my 1997 ski-doo summit is out by about an inch or two. i was told to put a 2x4 down against the track and see if the right one is straight and then adjust the left one. When i am doing this do i have to have the front end off the ground and do i have to have the skis pulled towards eachother with a peice of string?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ski Alignment

You've got it "ski-doo".
Place the skiis and track on the ground. Run the 2x4 along the track and set one of the skiis straight along it. Now check to see that the handle bars are straight, if not align the bar. Now add the string across the hoops and align the other ski. Make sure you have spec for the toe out. Measure both front of the ski and back of the ski. It's a 15 minute project and you should really notice a difference in the tracking.

ski-doo

Reaction score
Thanks. I think i got her aligned pretty good.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Aligning

ALWAYS BEST TO USE A BUNGEE CORD ACROSS THE FRONT OF THE SKI HOOPS(NOT TOO TIGHT) AS THE STRING COULD LOOSE ITS TENSION. BE SURE TO CENTER THE HANDLEBARS FIRST.:doh: AND IT IS A FAIRLY EASY JOB....... TOUGH TO GET AT THE HANDLE BAR ADJUSTERS UNDERNEATH EVERYTHING THOUGH

B

beau2007

Hi there, new to the forum. I recently purchased for my wife and I two 2007 Skidoo 550 F GTX. We really like the machines, but on both of them, we find that the machines dart all over the place, especially if on a groomed trail, or follow where someone else has gone.

Is there an adjustment that can be made to eliminate the machines from darting all over the place. At times, it is hard to control.

Thanks,
Gary

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Darting

Hi there, new to the forum. I recently purchased for my wife and I two 2007 Skidoo 550 F GTX. We really like the machines, but on both of them, we find that the machines dart all over the place, especially if on a groomed trail, or follow where someone else has gone.

Is there an adjustment that can be made to eliminate the machines from darting all over the place. At times, it is hard to control.

Thanks,
Gary

THE SKI ALIGNMENT SHOULD BE DONE ON THE 10HOUR WARRANTY CHECKOVER BY THE DEALER..... TAKING MINE IN THIS WEEK AND IT IS PART OF THEIR CHECKOVER AND ADJUSTMENTS.:)

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Darting

Do you have the duel carbides on the skis center and outside?
My 2007 the skies only came with the centre carbide. After I installed the outside set the darting was eliminated.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
cutting corners(literally)

jeez biggrump.... they really cut the corners on your sled.... tried to lighten it up too much for a big boy like you!!! mine had all four carbides on it, when I bought it........... weird!!!;)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Pay Less

SO, THAT MEANS I PAID LESS AND GOT MORE :eek: ......... PAYLESS --- ISN'T THAT A STORE???

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I SEE MY BUNNYBUDDY HAS CHANGED MY AVATAR. SO THATS WHAT MY SLED LOOKED LIKE BEFORE THE "ROCK" INCIDENT. NICE PICTURE, I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE.:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep, now that your 1000 is back together again I thought it only right to put a nice photo on...you may want to check out your "Public Profile" as I added a photo there for you too!!!
This photo is from Owlshead on the last trip.

Cheers Buddy

:D :D :D
SO, THAT MEANS I PAID LESS AND GOT MORE :eek: ......... PAYLESS --- ISN'T THAT A STORE???

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I SEE MY BUNNYBUDDY HAS CHANGED MY AVATAR. SO THATS WHAT MY SLED LOOKED LIKE BEFORE THE "ROCK" INCIDENT. NICE PICTURE, I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE.:D

Top Bottom