Silencer's

t300

Reaction score
I’d look for a .22 cal PCP (air canister) rifle. No kick like a springer so easier to shoot. Quieter than springers in my experience especially when talking over 1000fps. Either way It’s a fun rabbit hole to go down.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dieseling is no good for an airgun and like t300 says, pcp’s are cool to get into and the ammo is much cheaper than powder burners.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows but if you’re going for some semblance of accuracy and consistency to take out animals, you don’t want that much of a variable.
If you’re just messing around to see how fast you can phuk up your gun, then no worries.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys are worried about dog attacks, but have no problem firing guns off in the city. Fuk the nieghbor, if they die they die 🤣

Could be an owner problem again im thinking...

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking on Cabela's web page and think I might go with "small game broad head" for my bow.

Or my wife just got a 22 LR, I'm sure that would be quieter than my Camo pellet gun lol
22LR are actually louder thatn you think. If you buy some subsonic 22LR they are somewaht quieter. I wouldln't recomment 22LR in a town setting.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knows but if you’re going for some semblance of accuracy and consistency to take out animals, you don’t want that much of a variable.
If you’re just messing around to see how fast you can phuk up your gun, then no worries.

just take a few hours and build one of these. A little cat food or some kfc bones and you will have the whole area cleaned out in two days. Takes the fun out of it actually.
got one of those! worked great, throw in fast food wrappers and bags, keep the first caught magpie alive in the trap, it attracts all it's friends! a couple days later cover trap with tarp, run vehicle exhaust into covered trap, an hr later problem solved! or you can use pellet gun to do the same thing!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
got one of those! worked great, throw in fast food wrappers and bags, keep the first caught magpie alive in the trap, it attracts all it's friends! a couple days later cover trap with tarp, run vehicle exhaust into covered trap, an hr later problem solved! or you can use pellet gun to do the same thing!
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Use to catch skunks in a live trap, cover with a blanket and give swimming lessons.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Use to catch skunks in a live trap, cover with a blanket and give swimming lessons.
only problem is those trapped magpies can be noisy once trapped! you could dispose of them easily with the 495fps pellet gun. or drown them too. drowning may be less problematic in city limits though! make a box with 1x2's, cover with chicken wire, make a funnel cone, throw a BBQ chicken carcass and some fast food wrappers inside and you should be golden! or if you got access to a welder steel rod works great too!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a high powered pellet gun and it isn't quiet haha.
I've never heard of people using oil/fuel filters though. They probably wouldn't make a good silencer
Bullet style hydraulic filters from high clearance sprayers work awesome. If you buy them in bulk quantities, you my get a door knock from the RCMP/Feds.

Top Bottom