Silber turbos stand alone ecu??

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw on there web site they have went away from the dobec control box and now reflash the stock ecu with bulldog programming and its not adjustable and has a display unit like the new diesel truck displays, I phoned Justin and its around 1000 to upgrade has anyone tried or seen this on the hill? I'm thinkin about upgrading

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
What is it you don't like about the dobec controller? Would you be comfortable with a controller you could not adjust?

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dobec has been pretty good so far, I have had good luck with it compared to what people say about it, but I like the fact that you don't have to run a bunch of gauges so you can monitor everything, you won't even need a boost gauge with it because when you change your boost you can see it on the controller and you can see exhaust temps through the stock sensor, and the thing I hate about my dobec or my Boondocker m1000 is that you need to have 2 sets of settings one for home in edmonton and one for in the mountain. Or some times if you drop in to a low elevation bowl you get a hesitation going on and off the throttle, it would just be nice for it to be able to do all the adjusting on it own.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is it you don't like about the dobec controller? Would you be comfortable with a controller you could not adjust?
The Dobeck is out dated technology. As you know Neil it cant be adjusted fine enough to tune two stroke turbo systems. I've rode with a couple different systems using dobeck and the only ones I know of that run fine and don't require constant tuning are four stroke Yamaha's. As far as tuning will you ride? You tell us Neil, you system seems to work well after its been tuned (no adjustment needed said Jason). I find that if you are monitoring the sensors in the right places. Not making the mistake like Silber had done, having a T-map sensor under an injector being cooled by fuel or at least covered in fuel which cant possibly work right. A properly monitored system doesn't need adjustment. Currently I have Silber's turbo on my sled with a Power Comander controller tuned by David at Powder Lites and have not needed to adjust anything in 500 miles. The only thing I wish I had more control of is the timing. I think the newer technology in ECU Programmers is the way to go and thus eliminating piggy back systems such as most Fuel Programmes on the market today. :twocents:

NM

Reaction score
The Dobeck is out dated technology. As you know Neil it cant be adjusted fine enough to tune two stroke turbo systems. I've rode with a couple different systems using dobeck and the only ones I know of that run fine and don't require constant tuning are four stroke Yamaha's. As far as tuning will you ride? You tell us Neil, you system seems to work well after its been tuned (no adjustment needed said Jason). I find that if you are monitoring the sensors in the right places. Not making the mistake like Silber had done, having a T-map sensor under an injector being cooled by fuel or at least covered in fuel which cant possibly work right. A properly monitored system doesn't need adjustment. Currently I have Silber's turbo on my sled with a Power Comander controller tuned by David at Powder Lites and have not needed to adjust anything in 500 miles. The only thing I wish I had more control of is the timing. I think the newer technology in ECU Programmers is the way to go and thus eliminating piggy back systems such as most Fuel Programmes on the market today. :twocents:
That is good feedback, so thanks. We are always looking for new ideas and trying new things.

I know people want a pull the rope and ride trouble free sled, but I don't believe the technology is quite there yet in the 2 stroke world. We don't have to adjust our fuel controllers, but somedays we can adjust them in seconds if we want to fine tune them for the conditions.

I know many people say they never tune their sleds, but it is mostly because they don't know how, or they can't adjust them without a laptop.

I ride with a lot of MCX Nytros and they don't always run spot on, but the people know they can't adjust them and live with it becasuse it is pretty good at worst.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
My bullydog upgrade should be in this week along with the upgraded turbo/oil pump from silber. I had to fine tune mine on the top end boost cause now and then id throw a det code cause it would either: a - over rev down here or b - lean out for a split second. I got it dialed in for around 12.0-12.1 when i was in blue last weekend and it ran awsome at 10lbs until the oil pump plugged (dont ask me how or why cause i have no clue what plugged it) and i wasnt running a warning light, in turn piled up the turbo 2km from the trailer on the way down. Ive heard both bad and good things about the whole reflash idea but who knows what will really come of it unless more guys try it. Ill give feed back after easter here because im supposed to be heading out to revy, but plans might change.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to him Thursday he said a week before he's selling the update kits cuz it's more then just a reflash, gotta remove stock pressure sensor, remove aux injectors and put blocker plates in, remove stock injectors put bigger ones in

adam5187

Reaction score
I just installed my update kit with the bully dog upgrade. We don't have any snow yet but when I get out on it I will post. I have a 2013 pro rmk le 163.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines also installed, we also installed one on a 2013 with aero kit and got a few
Miles ripping in farmers field seems to work good on that with silbers map. That new down pipe is going to make a huge difference, the old one was just dumb now that I took it off and saw the flange.

adam5187

Reaction score
I agree with you on that down pipe. It will make a big difference. We have no snow here yet so I cant try it, but just throttle blipping on the stand it sure seems pretty clean.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the bulldog upgrade, and can removed after... But then I have had no issues with the dobeck on the doo

sounds like another good kit out for the poo boys.... Few years back most builders were hammering on the self lubeing turbos, and now a days it seams they are the only direction to go.... Water/ air intercollers I bet will fallow the same pattern

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So anymore reports on the bullydog? Just bought a silber turbo for my pro and wondering if this upgrade is the be all end all??

NM

Reaction score
Last edited:

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

NM

Reaction score
Sounds like most of t problem with the bullydog s with the silber kits , sounds like the MTNTek kit is working good ,. o ya and they are not a standalone the bullydog is a reflash , totally different .
Is the ECU not controlling all of the functions of engine control, fuelling, timing, etc? I agree it is not an aftermarket standalone, but it is basically acting as one. Someone could change the tune on it, just not the operator.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the ECU not controlling all of the functions of engine control, fuelling, timing, etc? I agree it is not an aftermarket standalone, but it is basically acting as one. Someone could change the tune on it, just not the operator.

Yes it is the Factory ECU with a reflash program and you are tied to someone to get your tune right for ya , works good for trucks , should work good if everyone runs the kit the way it comes .

Top Bottom