side x side... which to buy my dilema

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it's just about that time, I'm starting to shop for a side x side for the family. It will immediately get turned into a family station wagon but I want something that I can enjoy when the kids and momma aren't ridng along as well. All along I've been thinking rzr with a seat / cage conversion but now I'm not so sure if it's going to do the trick.

Anyone that has their ride turned into a family wagon got anything to chime in... I am hoping to get something before May long. starting to think that a teryx or rhino might be a better choice but worried about the extra width.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it's just about that time, I'm starting to shop for a side x side for the family. It will immediately get turned into a family station wagon but I want something that I can enjoy when the kids and momma aren't ridng along as well. All along I've been thinking rzr with a seat / cage conversion but now I'm not so sure if it's going to do the trick.

Anyone that has their ride turned into a family wagon got anything to chime in... I am hoping to get something before May long. starting to think that a teryx or rhino might be a better choice but worried about the extra width.

My terex rocks. Super durable machine. It would be heavy duty enough for the extra weight of the cage and seat plus people

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lotsa ppl on here have em.....they actually make* a* razor* robbie gordon edition 4 seater ..... did you think of those.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did but anything new just isn't in the budget. I want to be able to pay for it and not have to get into payments. the rzr4 is sitting around 16500 plus

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have owned an 08 teryx, and currently own an 09 and a 2010 machine. I have had two of them as four seaters and they worked out great. More room in the back for two kids than the RZR and more power for a four seater than a Rhino. As far as width goes a stock machine is no problem anywhere I have ridden (cow lake, cadomin, lac labiche, athabasca to name a few of my more frequent spots) as the trails are getting wider by the day. My 2010 has a 3" long travel kit on it and is 68 inches wide with my 11 inch tires and even it doesn't have to many clearance issues. I just recomend that when you do the four seater cage go with an actual four seat cage and not an extension, as I just think they are better built and way stronger and not all that more money. The last thing you want to cheap out on is safety for your kids. And for riding with the boys you can do a few mods to a teryx and it will run with most quads, or you can do a few mods to a Rhino and it will almost run with a stock teryx. A four seat RZR is in my opinion just way to fricken long to be a good bush unit. These are pics of my four seaters, Red one is the 08 and black is the 2010 as a four seater. :beer:

Attachments

• Easter 2010 and Long Island Lake 047.jpg
    Easter 2010 and Long Island Lake 047.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC00841.jpg
    DSC00841.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC00596.jpg
    DSC00596.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 322
  • Muudy Teryx on trailer.jpg
    Muudy Teryx on trailer.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 328

MHC73

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more.... but a Teyrx first the if you can't find one... a Rhino. I can't knock either machine. Both reliable BUT the cage itself is huge. Buy a ROPS cage. I've rolled a ROPS machine vs a normal Rhino and I wouldn't put my kid in a cage that wasn't certified. Now, I know people will say so what... well roll a machine with a kid in it. Scary, I lost a tie rod going down a hill In a Rhino. Spend the extra and buy a good cage. Mine came from CRCages in Camrose. Money well spent if your carrying your littles....

buzzednbored

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with MHC73...the cage is important. I have a four seater Rhino and am happy with it. Rides nice, very reliable and looks great. I am a Yamaha guy but the Teryx is an awesome machine too. Lots of power with that V-Twin...something I wish yamaha would introduce to their side x sides. Lots to choose from, you just have to find one that fits your needs.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Summit
We do alot of sxs riding at the lake, as nice as the factory 4 place's are for the family, they are a pain to ride with in the bush, they have to back up as much as they go forward trying to get around on the narrow trails, along with all the chain sawing you have to do. Go with a 2 place modified to a 4 place and enjoy.
Don
See you on the trails:rino:

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a rzr with a four seat conversion? I wouldn't mind seeing one before I make up my mind. Probably going to pick something up in the next couple of weeks.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's mine, it's a vent racing 2+2 kit. I installed it late last fall and have only had it out a few times, but it works good for us.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106709.919783.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106709.919783.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 142
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106776.825237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106776.825237.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 146
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106862.719640.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303106862.719640.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 144

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we to run a rhino with a four seat conversionand highly recommend a full cage we run a crcage they are available in camrose 780 608 0441 and was the nicest cage we could find and rops certified have also seen a similar cage on here i think it is from puffer 99 but not sure we enjoy the rhino and it is reliable and works well however it would be nice to have the v twin we have a bb kit pipes and msd ,cam however itr would of been nice to start with the v twin

Top Bottom