Shoulder Surgery....YIKES

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm going under the knife tomorrow morning to have my shoulder repaired from a crash I took awhile ago. They are re-attaching my Labrum (S.L.A.P. tear), some rotator cuff repair and also repairing my bicep tendion.
Who has had this type of ortho surgery before? What kind of recovery time did you experience and any other advise is appreciated. Please share your experiences. Thanks.

Nagzs

Reaction score
I am a trainer at a University and have a couple guys get this surgery every year. You would be lucky if your riding in the next 4 months. For you to be feeling 100% takes around 6 to 8 months.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had shoulder surgery april 1 st this year in red deer
torn bicep tendon and rotor it was so bad that they could not fix the bicep tendon as it kept tearing so the had to cut it
the first 2 weeks really sucked had to sleep sitting up in the lazboy
my healed very well and feels 100 % now i was cleared to do everything by august 15 ( 4-1/2 months ) went dirt biking the 16th lol

are you having the surgery in red deer ?
who is the surgeon ?

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'am up for surgery as well and have been putting it off for a couple of years, shoulder is weak ( dislocated it 4 times now ) and when i did it the arm came right outta the socket, cracked/broke some of the joint etc etc... im extremly nervous about getting this repaired ( down time ) but i know it needs to be done.

I wear a shoulder brace when riding at all times to be safe, limits my riding quite a bit and is always in the back of my mind while riding.

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck man...and enjoy the morphine while you can !!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i had shoulder surgery april 1 st this year in red deer
torn bicep tendon and rotor it was so bad that they could not fix the bicep tendon as it kept tearing so the had to cut it
the first 2 weeks really sucked had to sleep sitting up in the lazboy
my healed very well and feels 100 % now i was cleared to do everything by august 15 ( 4-1/2 months ) went dirt biking the 16th lol

are you having the surgery in red deer ?
who is the surgeon ?
Yes my surgery is in Red Deer with a fairly new surgeon Dr. Guadelli. I'm hoping to be back on my dirtbike June or July. Sledding for sure next season.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'am up for surgery as well and have been putting it off for a couple of years, shoulder is weak ( dislocated it 4 times now ) and when i did it the arm came right outta the socket, cracked/broke some of the joint etc etc... im extremly nervous about getting this repaired ( down time ) but i know it needs to be done.

I wear a shoulder brace when riding at all times to be safe, limits my riding quite a bit and is always in the back of my mind while riding.
Same same bro. Can't count the number of dislocates, broke the shoulder socket etc. can't put this off any longer. Stay tuned and I'll post the whole process in this thread. Gonna see if the surgeon will strap my helmet cam on...haha

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my left shoulder ortho-ed about 6 years ago...used to dislocate putting on a sweater... So tight now it actually squeaks so loud you could hear it sometimes... I was back to light duty the next morning, but I don't work for that guy now and prob shoulda taken a few days or a week. Lol! Good luck.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing about 8 years ago. Surgery sometime in November, no sledding till the following year.

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

I want to say I had around 6 months of physio or so. Never will get the same range of motion or joint stability of an uninjured shoulder, but so far I have not had it dislocate again. I don't miss that feeling lol.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And obviously orthoscopic is probably a million time better, but since you have torn tendons too I doubt they can go that way.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Good Luck my friend,,but look at the bright side ,the wife will have to do eveything for ya,,,,Just curious,what shoulder and i hope its not your dominate limb.

Top Bottom