Shotgun wielding farmer charged

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Might as well give up snowmobiling and take up snowshoeing if you honestly plan on doing that. No one is going to ride 15 seconds, then take 4 minutes to talk to the resident, then ride 15 seconds before doing it again. Never going to happen.

What will continue to happen is sledders will trespass from property to property as a regular part of a ride. And that includes me and every person I've ever seen sled in SK.

Really, you ride for only 15 seconds at a time??

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
What's with people on horses that think they can go anywhere just cause they are in a horse? When I still lived at home on the farm I was out on our old trike and seen a guy on a horse out in our field. I went and asked him if he was lost or was looking for something, and he gave me sh!t for riding my trike up to him when he was on his horse then proceeded to tell me how to mind my own business cause was doing nothing wrong he was just out riding his horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very good question! They ride thru the trails in my back yard, horses crapping on my trails! They seem to think they are like sask. sledders LOL.... If I wanted horse crap on my trails I would buy my own horse!

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really, you ride for only 15 seconds at a time??

yeah, I gotta agree, I see no issue with spending a couple mins talking to farmers at the beginning of the season and asking them if you have permission to ride there all winter. Not like you have to stop every ride if you get permission once. I work in farmers fields constantly through my job (and I personally know that others on this thread do as well) and we would never enter someone's land without talking to them first, even though I have a lease and a survey that says I'm fully legally within my rights to do so. Its respect for others peoples property. They make a living off the land they paid for and its ultimately their livelihood you are jeopardizing.
As someone who's been fighting for land use in the west all my sledding life, I find some attitudes on this pretty cavalier towards trespassing and can only hope that those attitudes are not carried out here, as annually we continue to see people ride where they are not supposed to, often by choice and disregard, or by ignorance, neither of which is a valid excuse.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's with people on horses that think they can go anywhere just cause they are in a horse? When I still lived at home on the farm I was out on our old trike and seen a guy on a horse out in our field. I went and asked him if he was lost or was looking for something, and he gave me sh!t for riding my trike up to him when he was on his horse then proceeded to tell me how to mind my own business cause was doing nothing wrong he was just out riding his horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crapsomeone came across a horseback rider that was an azzhat...

As someone thatenjoys several different activities, ie Snowmobiling, Quading, Motocross(bikesand quads), Skiing, Scuba diving, Hiking, Climbing, Training and riding horses,Skijoring, Boating, Water Skiing, Canoeing, Kayaking, biking both pedal bikes andcruising on my hiway bike.....I have met some amazing people all over North Americaenjoying these activities and there as also been a constant that unfortunately showsup in every discipline.....Yes there are azzhats in all of them and everycorner of this big round ball we all live on....

As sledders isnt this what we face alot of times, Stop judgingsomeone by their activity; they’ll let you know soon enough what kind of personthey are....

Doc Holaday

Reaction score
The land around is all acreages and hobby farm land. It was my friends driveway that they were stopped coming off of. The land is open to the south, but it funnels into my friends driveway area which is fenced on the north side.

The farmer is nuts. He had called the Corman Park police on my friend for running his quad on his own driveway and his sled in the ditch. The field in question also hasn't been planted in years, but that is beside the point it wasn't posted at any point for no trespassing. The area is mostly fenced off pasture so if there is an open unposted section, its going to be riden on.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what the trespass laws are in your area but in BC if the land is posted no trespassing, is fenced or cultivated it means no trespassing.

The land around is all acreages and hobby farm land. It was my friends driveway that they were stopped coming off of. The land is open to the south, but it funnels into my friends driveway area which is fenced on the north side.

The farmer is nuts. He had called the Corman Park police on my friend for running his quad on his own driveway and his sled in the ditch. The field in question also hasn't been planted in years, but that is beside the point it wasn't posted at any point for no trespassing. The area is mostly fenced off pasture so if there is an open unposted section, its going to be riden on.

Doc Holaday

Reaction score
In Sask it needs to be posted no trespassing every 100m or something along those lines, not just at access points and corners. The sask snowmobile act says that it is not considered trespassing unless it is posted. That only applies to snowmobiles too, atv's and motocross riders have no such act.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trespassing laws are weak in Alberta. Just try to keep hunters off your fields in the fall...and trespassers know it.
Best to use some common sense and respect. I have been a trespasser for years and I have only had a couple tough situations with land owners.

Top Bottom