Shopping for a Jet boat

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true to that. After all that looking and not finding the one I wanted I had a smoking deal fall in my lap that I couldn't pass up.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I ended up booking an Ali-Craft Ranger, they have been great to deal with, thanks for all the input and see you on the rivers next spring :D

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just bought a new ali craft this year, not sure what model but they are sweet boat. What did you get for a power plant?
I got to take mine out on the lake for a few hours on Saturday. Its not new but im extreamly happy with my purches.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just bought a new ali craft this year, not sure what model but they are sweet boat. What did you get for a power plant?
I got to take mine out on the lake for a few hours on Saturday. Its not new but im extreamly happy with my purches.

330hp EFI Chev, with a Hamilton 212.....my wife and are very excited....if I find I need more power after I learn to drive it, I will turbo it

well that great that you are liking what you bought, nothing worse that regretting a purchase

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clode?
Not trying to change your mind but you should really think about the LSA3 6.2
Lighter than the 350 and mark my words you and your wife will be kicking yourselves for not going 6.2
Just weighed a 350 marine power with no oil and 748 lbs.
6.2 kodiac 640 lbs
PS: if you sell at later date the money will all come back.
Anyway speaking from experience and either way it will be a nice boat?
Cheers

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clode?
Not trying to change your mind but you should really think about the LSA3 6.2
Lighter than the 350 and mark my words you and your wife will be kicking yourselves for not going 6.2
Just weighed a 350 marine power with no oil and 748 lbs.
6.2 kodiac 640 lbs
PS: if you sell at later date the money will all come back.
Anyway speaking from experience and either way it will be a nice boat?
Cheers

I thought about it, but the 350 is so cheap to hop up, parts everywhere, and I have a free spare engine....just putting aluminum heads on will drop 60lbs

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When dealing with efi you have to re program ecms and if not done correctly ? Boom.
You want to enjoy your boat and not be spending $ and break downs.
Your call but have been through this with a lot bigger engines and get pricey and not that much fun.
If your a really good mechanic and enjoy going work yourself and enjoy working on it than that's different .
This is a 588 that was around 700 hp and three rebuilds later it runs great but what a pain in the wallet ? Lol

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When dealing with efi you have to re program ecms and if not done correctly ? Boom.
Your call but have been through this with a lot bigger engines and get pricey and not that much fun.
If your a really good mechanic and enjoy going work yourself and enjoy working on it than that's different .

I am a red seal mechanic and have played with many engines, NA and turboed and love doing it.....I don't pull wrenches for a living now and enjoy working on my own stuff now...since I am limited on stroke and displacement with a 350, a turbo is a great option, 5 psi should make a solid 400hp/450lbft of torque and not stress things at all, premium fuel, water/air intercooler, and maybe meth for initial tuning as a safety net. I really wanted to do a 351 ford and stroke it to 393 but to marinize it was just to costly.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a 588 that was around 700 hp and three rebuilds later it runs great but what a pain in the wallet ? Lol

are your headers water cooled, or ceramic coated....if they are water cooled where did you get them ?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water cooled and lightening headers

wicked.....I can see a turbo in the future for my boat....I was going to talk to boost-it and instead if a total re-tune on this turbo v-8 just add extra injectors, and a rising rate fuel pump, I think it would work really well....the turbo I put on my mustang works great now but was a fair amount of messing around to get it dialed with the PMS I put on it, the burned chips were total garbage

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally get to show off my boat. New to me 2001 custom weld storm with the 350 and AT pack. Its my first river boat and look forward to spending time on the water this summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0004_2.jpg
    IMG_0004_2.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_9480.jpg
    IMG_9480.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 155

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010, 21', same boat. Came with a 6.0 and did ok, but I dropped in a LSA this year, Marine Power did a great job. It runs great and cruises at 40mph like a dream. Definitely don't regret that decision. Outlaw did a fantastic job on the install...

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mind me asking what that ran you? Was thinking the same, but not sure

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mind me asking what that ran you? Was thinking the same, but not sure

If you do change go Kodiak package as the bolt on components are a lot better than Marine Power.
Marine Power use Chinese starters and alternators that don't last.
Wiring harness is cheap and so on.
Just FYI

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know there is no price for quality and reliability but what is the cost difference? Im think rough and dirty 15k for the LSA, sound about right?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the dollar the way it is I would say your close to $24-25 installed.
This is a SC LSA 6.2
LSA 3 6.2 is closer to the $15

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the dollar the way it is I would say your close to $24-25 installed.
This is a SC LSA 6.2
LSA 3 6.2 is closer to the $15

Anyone in Canada putting them together? Guessing I would be in for a pump change to?

Top Bottom