Shock Pressures

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7a05a5a9e1bece9fea0ba82e33b767dc.jpg

What shock pressures are you guys running on floats with qsr and EVOL ? I see Kuster put up a good video last fall on these specific he said 130-150 EVOL and 65-70 main chamber just curious on anyone else. I will be running no sway bar with these.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a G4?
Different sled but I run 70# in the mains on mine as well.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The evol chamber is for bottom out resistance. 150 is a good starting point. If you bottom out lots, add more pressure. If you never bottom out, maybe take a little pressure out.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock pressures were 110 and 50 I bumped them up to 130 and 65 for now I might bump that EVOL up as you said too. Any of you guys play with the rebound adjustment much first set I’ve had that adjustment? Says 12 clicks out is how it comes any preferences on these? The quick switch on the main dampening has got to be one of the greatest things I’ve seen in shocks. My 18 cat had them and it will be great to have on the doo as well from rigid ride on the trail to nice and soft instantly for powder turns up top.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You didn’t mention rider weight and style, but for the average 180 lb intermediate rider I would suggest 55/150 psi, 13 clicks out as a good starting point. 5 psi in either chamber makes a big difference. It’s a good idea to take notes when you adjust from the baseline, as it’s easy to loose your place. Ideally, place the sled on scales (with rider) to find the balance, and adjust from there...

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock pressures were 110 and 50 I bumped them up to 130 and 65 for now I might bump that EVOL up as you said too. Any of you guys play with the rebound adjustment much first set I’ve had that adjustment? Says 12 clicks out is how it comes any preferences on these? The quick switch on the main dampening has got to be one of the greatest things I’ve seen in shocks. My 18 cat had them and it will be great to have on the doo as well from rigid ride on the trail to nice and soft instantly for powder turns up top.

Rebound controls how fast your shock returns to the extended position after a compression event. Generally you want that to happen as fast as possible without it feeling like a pogo stick.

So you want to run as little rebound as possible, but if its bucking and bouncing you around you need to turn up the rebound.

Factory settings are a good place to start.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is all good stuff thanks. That shock therapy series goes in depth.

Top Bottom