Shells' New Nitrogen Enriched Fuel

Zipp

Reaction score
I'm trying to get more info on this stuff as Shell is puting this new additive in all their products.
Is it just another slick maketing ploy?
Is it another fuel desity reducing tactic by Shell?
Does it work to reduce "gunk"?
I have been afraid to use Shell gas in anything I ride/drive since the '90's when Shells gas was fouling fuel systems, and they never said anything about it to the general public. I know I won't use it in any of my "high performance" machines now. Should I avoid it again for the passenger vehicles too again? All I know is us hydrocarbon guys consider nitrogen an inert.
Any thoughts? Experiences?

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, back in the 70's and 80's they were trying to reduce nitrogen emissions from the tailpipe. Now they add nitrogen ??? I'm a little skeptical.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run shell fuel all the time,the company i work for has just shell cards. i have never had a problem with there fuel. i drive an 08 nissan titan and have 101,000km on it now and never had a problem yet. so i have nothing to complain about at the moment about there fuel. good luck

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put 300000+ km's on our work trucks, and they see about 95% shell fuel. I have never seen shell fuel cause any grief on any of our motors. Just my 2cents.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dad runs shell fuel in his truck. no problems. i run shell v power in my sled and quad and have no problems.

Zipp

Reaction score
A few times I have used shell gas in my sled I have had performance issues. I always avoid the place if gassing up the sled or quad. Never had issues with other brands. I know the best time to fuel up is in the evening when others have purchased the moisture out of the tanks that can accumulate over night, but Shell gas (with their additives?) can make for a bad day.

I try to avoid ethanol blends (ie: Husky) for two stroke motors well, as I've heard it can separate out the oil, drying pistons. Is this too a myth?

powderpusher

Reaction score
I run husky and mohawk ethanal fuel in all my sleds for the past 5 years never had a problem yet but i also run ipone mixing oil

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Shell v-power in my Mustang and get 2-3MPG better than I do from Petro and Husky so whatever they have in there fuel seems to work IMO.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
corn gas from mohawk and husky is garbage it wiil reak havok on 2stokes I've always ran shell or petro-can premium and I notice the shell takes u futher. SKI-DOO even tells u that corn blended gasoline will cause permature Motor faliure!!!!:beer:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear about this nitrogen enriched fuel? Nitrogen is an inert gas and is not a by-product of spent gasoline. I did a search for this on Shell's website and came up with nothing.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear about this nitrogen enriched fuel? Nitrogen is an inert gas and is not a by-product of spent gasoline. I did a search for this on Shell's website and came up with nothing.

they are running a cermical about it

W

woodies

correct me if i'm wrong but its not a gas they are talking about. it would be as like a nitrogen fertilizer type which i think is explosive enough to blow a building up!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I never thought about the fertilizer type nitrogen. Now that I think about it and it's explosive properties they probably could make some potent fuel with it.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya never use it in sleds a friend of mine filled his sled with it and with in 15k his motor was toast, i had it in mine that day with aproxx 15% race fuel and my sled ran shitty and the plugs looked bad when i pulled them. no more shell fuel 4 me for the toys.
the deisel sure likes shell though

Top Bottom