Shell develops new 100 octane UNLEADED AV Gas

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Shell Announces Unleaded 100-Octane Fuel (Updated) - AVweb flash Article

Just got this article in my email today, figured I'd share it on here. I myself have run 100LL in my mod sleds and high compression hotrods for years and has always worked great. Pretty cool someone has worked on a new unleaded alternative. Looks like we'll still be able to buy cheaper high octane fuel for years to come. :)

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've been making unleaded 100 Octane since 2002, until recently most of it has gone to west coast as a fuel blend.

Last edited:

Tippett

Reaction score
I bought it through VP racing in Calgary, Its Similar to MS109 from VP but less $$$ and more availability, We use MS109 in all our LS motors at work and it seems to work well under boost.

Tippett

Reaction score
Straight from VP, "In engines that can run on pump gas, MS109 is a direct replacement that produces more power than any other unleaded fuel - up to 5% more than premium unleaded. Recommended for applications with up to 25 lbs of boost and naturally aspirated engines with CRs up to 15:1. Compared to other unleaded fuels, MS109 offers better detonation protection as well."

Tippett

Reaction score
VP im pretty sure, before we found out about shell, Shell is half that price for the same product. I think the bulk price was 2.10 a litre, This was last year around the same time....

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VP im pretty sure, before we found out about shell, Shell is half that price for the same product. I think the bulk price was 2.10 a litre, This was last year around the same time....

That's a decent price, I wonder what the shell 100 unleaded will sell for, and how available it's going to be?

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Envirofuels? I see them on 17th all the time and wonder what they do

Top Bottom