Scratchers

Monster 1000

Reaction score
I am wanting to put scratchers on my 2013. The spring type that you flip up on the rails when in the powder. Am I going to have to drill holes in the rails or am I missing something? thanks in advance.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There should be a hole somewhere that you can use. If not you will have to drill. But don't go to close to the top the rails can crack.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill hole.. If you have powder coated rails drill another hole for an eyelet bolt to hold the scratcher, if you just put scratcher up over your rails will make a mess of the powder coat

The reversible scratchers work good, they throw up more snow/ice on a hard trail

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JP is right the reversible scratchers do throw up more snow/ice but if they r like the ones I had on my sled they do have a tendency to pop off the raild when u don't want them to.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill hole.. If you have powder coated rails drill another hole for an eyelet bolt to hold the scratcher, if you just put scratcher up over your rails will make a mess of the powder coat

The reversible scratchers work good, they throw up more snow/ice on a hard trail

Good to hear, I just bought a set of them :)

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JP is right the reversible scratchers do throw up more snow/ice but if they r like the ones I had on my sled they do have a tendency to pop off the raild when u don't want them to.

I was supplied with eye bolts to attach them to. But im buying a couple smaller ones from Princess Auto instead as these are a tad big for my liking. Would work fine of course, im just a picky mofo

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was supplied with eye bolts to attach them to. But im buying a couple smaller ones from Princess Auto instead as these are a tad big for my liking. Would work fine of course, im just a picky mofo
If u could put up a pic of scratchers installed along with eyebolts I would appreciate it as I really liked the amount of snow/ice that the reversible scratchers threw up, just not the popping off the rail when I didn't want them to.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rail mounted scratchers with j bolts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 426

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, the Between the Lines Design, carbide cable scratchers work wonders. I have the single slide and it is enough for cooling and lubrication. One needs to attach the bolts with a little lock-tite as they have a tendency to come undone. Drilled holes are required.

With the stock powder coating on the rails, I did not experience any scratching that was detrimental. Before you drill the hole, bend the scratcher in the upright position and do a pre-test for location.

IMG_1673.jpg

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had issues with cable scratchers coming lose on one side, the other side wants to get tightened as it gets pressure put on it. I always thought the manufacturer should have left hand threads on one and right hand threads on the other. I fixed the problem by taking a hack saw and cutting slits in the end so it bit on the rail better. Since I did that no more problems.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie, have you seen these yet ? I was thinking about trying a pair, sounds like the cable ones don't last and I know I will bend the rail mount spring ones.

Top Bottom